Tachy Lying Down

ana_22

hi,

ive been kinda tachy for the last 5 days laying down (and not the usual upright)

ive been running 100-125 lying down im ussuallu 85-95.

is this normal for a potsie, should i be concerned. i cant talk to my GP or cardio till tuesday.

just after a bit of advice! (& reassurance of course!)

I usually find I am tachy while lying down on my worst days. It's not unusual for my heart rate to be between 100 and 110 lying down. At those times I find I have a greater HR increase when I stand as well. For example, on a better day it might go from 90 to 120 with standing, and on day when I feel worse, it might go from 105 to 155 with standing.

I am also tachycardic while lying down if I have just eaten, had a bath, etc. I guess, in general, anytime I am more symptomatic this will happen.

Summer

I usually find I am tachy while lying down on my worst days. It's not unusual for my heart rate to be between 100 and 110 lying down. At those times I find I have a greater HR increase when I stand as well. For example, on a better day it might go from 90 to 120 with standing, and on day when I feel worse, it might go from 105 to 155 with standing.

I am also tachycardic while lying down if I have just eaten, had a bath, etc. I guess, in general, anytime I am more symptomatic this will happen.

Summer

I do the exact same thing. Sometimes if I drink a lot and lay down a good hour or so, it gets around 90, at least, for some relief. Of course lying down isn't always possible, but if it is give it a try.

If I am coming down with a cold/flu/etc. I also get these symptoms. If I am dehydrated, they start coming on like this too.

It doesn't happen to me very much anymore, but I used to be tachy while resting. For a year or two my resting heartrate was always 100-120 or higher.

Are you on a beta blocker? If the high hr continues while resting then your doctor may want to add a beta blocker to help the symptom.

Rachel

If I'm sick or have had a stressful day my HR will be up when I first lay down. If I lay with my arms folded above my head and exert some pressure on the top of my head for a few minutes (5-10) I will relax and my HR will come down. I read that it is supposed to release some calming chemicals through your body. But if I have a virus my HR will stay up for days and seems worse, maybe more noticeable, at night.