Dysautonomia And Mitral Valve Prolapse

ana13sanchez

Hello!!! I was wondering if some of you have Mitral Valve Prolapse...?? my cardiologist told me that is commun to have it both, I have it both and this prolapse is the cause of my tachicardia and maybe the reason why I usually have my blood pressure a little high, I am taking medication to control my bpm, first propranolol that caused me mooooore dizziness, very low blood pressure, so now I am on bisoprolol, what makes me feel better.

I have a healthy diet, most of the time!! and I have also very high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides, my cardiologist told me that it seems to be a family problem, and as I am 37, non smoking, and being a woman I don't have hihg risk of a heart attack.....I am not so sure....

What do you think about all this?......

Guest Sandy Sims

Yep I too have MVP and TVP as well. Tho it means little as far as serious cardiac trouble is concerned they say. Is more like a marker of sorts--of a genetic misprint that causes the rest of it.

The high triglcerides I also have--and found it's a part of metabolic syndrome X--a pretty common thing in the USA that includes BP, high triglcerides, AND insulin intolerance.

Treating the insulin intolerance with diet and metformin fixed the rest for me. But, again, it took two years for someone to FINALLY run a glucose tolerance test with insulin levels to find I had this problem that was causing the rest of them.

Sandy

I to have a mitral valve prolapse as well as an aortic valve prolapse but nothings been done about either of them.

I've had the mitral leak since I was around mid 20's and I also leak from a hole in the back of my heart which they found by going down my throat with an endoscope and having a look at my heart from the inside out ....most strange .

I'm not tacky I'm bracky which is strange as most of you have very fast heart rates , ye me I'm the opposite .

Ami and her leaky sqeaky heart .xxxxxxxxxxx