Gastro Symptom Immediately Upon Standing

dizzygirl

hey folks....

MY GI symptoms are kicking up pretty badly. Nearly everytime i go from laying/sitting to standing.. I immediately have the diarrhea urge..it is instand with in seconds...

but its not just diarrhea... I get the chills and hot at the same.. I break out in goosebumps from head to toe.. i shake uncontrollably internally.. my mouth gets really dry...and i get horrible flushing. oh and really bad cramps in my lower intestines....intense nausea..oh yuck

and i have to get to a bathroom immediately...Uhm I've found really nothing to calm my system down.. as i go thru this at times many many times a day... its an obvious autonomic response... i just dont know how to slow that response down!

i take levsin for bowel issues.. but when its such a rapid response the repeats over and over.. the levsin doesnt do squat!

this has been an ongoing problem for literally as long as i can remember.. even before i had full blown pots symptoms. However.. its becoming quite a pain in my rear...uh literally! LOL... :(

to others that have this type of issue .... have you found anything to help it?

thanks

Dizz,

Ugggg! That sounds so miserable---- :o

I wish there was something I could suggest to help out. I'm still trying to get my intestines to move.

Have you seen a GI doc? You probably have at some time in the past I'm sure. I hope you can find someone to help you with this and not get blown off.

Even though I wish I could get my guts moving, I know that the guts moving too quickly isn't any fun either.

Is there a happy medium for us? :(

BIG HUG

Maxine :0)

I go thru stints of this (weeks or months) when I am in a bad crash. Some kind of rapid gastric emptying or "dumping syndrome"? I have no clue.

Two things that seem to help me are vegtable glycerin -- 1-2 TBL in large glass of water, seems to slow down the rapid stomach emptying. The other thing I still use frequently is 2 ounces of aloe vera papaya juice. Tastes nasty, but seems to help pain, bloating, and other GI ickies.

Hope you find something to soothe your system soon.

~EM

I go thru stints of this (weeks or months) when I am in a bad crash. Some kind of rapid gastric emptying or "dumping syndrome"? I have no clue.

Two things that seem to help me are vegtable glycerin -- 1-2 TBL in large glass of water, seems to slow down the rapid stomach emptying. The other thing I still use frequently is 2 ounces of aloe vera papaya juice. Tastes nasty, but seems to help pain, bloating, and other GI ickies.

Hope you find something to soothe your system soon.

~EM

where can you get aloe vera papaya juice because my stomach is very painful and bloated.

When I'm really exhausted I get the chills/nausea/diarrhea urge, but usually if I move at all, I throw up in my mouth, even when I'm not full. It isn't as bad as it sounds, but it's embarrassing and annoying, and burns my throat. =/

I'm stymptom are the same worst are my pots worst it is.

I try to stop this doing sport.

but for the moment it is not possible to do sport has usuasl because 2 weeks ago i had an operation of the vesicul, so know my symptom are not not good.

presure very down and diahree in the morning...

This happens to me, too, although not as frequently as you describe -- it happens to me when my other POTS symptoms flare, so usually just in the mornings, except on bad days....

I've found doing things that control all my other symptoms help with this. I get up reeeally slowly, and when I have that symptom I lie back down again. That usually helps with the chills and sweating although it doesn't help with the diarrhea. I salt load and drink a lot of water. I try not to get too fatigued.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, it isn't fun. :) I hope some of the advice in this thread helps you.

jump