Bandana's You Can Put In Freezer?

Sophia3

I tried to search this item here but the search deal does not always work well for me lately (cross references MANY threads that have nothing to do with my search?)

Anyway it's very hot and muggy time of year....Somebody here or somewhere mentioned the freezable bandanas or hats.

Anybody remember these products??

PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE CHILL VESTS!! WAY OUT OF MY BUDGET~ I can google those..but am having problems finding the bandanas... some say were sold at drug stores. The ones online talk about things to rinse out in cold water...but I am not sure those would stay cool for long or maybe I am confused!.

I am looking for something to wear in the yard while I water flowers or maybe ride the lawn mower..even though I can be in the shade..these bandanas would be nice. I put a frozen one in the freezer with water but it does not last more than a few minutes and works better in the house.

Thanks in advance for chilled bandana or chill hat info. <_<

Soph

I haven't heard of ones that you actually freeze. I've seen bandanas that you put in water and they have cooling "crystals" in them that hold water. They then keep you cool as the water slowly evaporates. They usually cost about $3 - $6.

Here are two links:

MiraCool Evaporative Cooling Bandanas

Cool Bandanas (This site also has cooling bandana type hats.)

Cool Sport also has a bandana with a cooling pack that freezes at 62 degrees. It costs more than the above bandanas, but not nearly as much as a vest. I think they are $20. Here is a link if you are interested. Cool Sport bandana

I hope you can find something that helps you and is affordable.

Rachel

Hi Sophia,

I hope you find somewhere local to buy your cooling bandana (must admit I misread the title of your post and thought you were looking for freezable BANANAS!).

My parents went to Australia earlier this year and found me a perfect present - a "Cobber". It is a crystal filled neck wrap that you soak in water rather than freeze. It works by absorbing 400 times it's own weight in water which slowly evaporates over several days, it claims to cool the body by 3-4 degrees. I certainly feel much cooler when wearing mine. I know you've already had some good advice but I thought I would explain how mine works.

Flop

www.silvereagleoutfitters.com is where we got our cooling stuff - my son has severe heat intolerance from his mito and the vests (50$ for childrens 65$ for adults) seriously changed his life.

They have hats, bandanas, neck wraps, even hard hat liners...

they act by evaporation - you soak it for 10 minutes, then ring it out (its dry to the touch and does not make your clothes wet when you ring it out properly) and put it on and they can last 4-6 hours in 90 degree heat (longer in cooler temps)....

We love them!

My room mate has some bananas in the house...I am TEMPTED to freeze them for a necklace. VERY HOT and dewpoints in low 70's. YIKES

A band I love is doing a parties in the park deal at a corporate facility. I am going but emailed first. I will have access to shade outside near fountains and ponds and landscaping..and inside food and AC and chairs. They might opt to move the Cajun Dixieland band INDOORS since it is so hot and threatening short thundershowers off and on.

I tried a chilled sun visor. DID NOT keep me cool...so going to take meds and hydrate before trying this outing. It's a beautiful facility so even if I just go for the free appetizers, should be fun.

But after reading how many misread the title of this thread, LOL...I can see how that was easy to do as I have temporary dyslexic A LOT on my bad brain fog days.

I am wearing a long floral halter dress. I could go dressed like the Chiquita Banana lady with a frozen banana necklace!!.

Thanks for ALL your replies.