High Sodium Diet

gertie

My doc gave me a 6000 - 8000 mg/day plan, with no less than 2000mg per meal. I don't always get that much, but I can sure tell when I haven't had enough. I have a great list I will gladly email you if you would like.

I wasn't given a number to follow, but told by my neuro to salt everything. Just go for it and not worry about the adverse warnings of too much salt. So I have been doing that. I also drink pedialyte every night and when I buy snacks I compare the labels for which ones have the most sodium. I had a bunch of blood taken as part of a routine physical. It was all good, except my sodium level was still below normal. I just had to laugh at that. Interesting condition, this POTS.

Amy

I know that I'm not getting nearly enough salt. I have no way of counting the g per day and can't find a www list of 'high sodium foods.

Joe, you mentioned sending such a list via e-mail to someone else, and I wonder if I could get this. If so, would you please let me know how I send you my e-mail address. I'm not very computer savey but does it help to tell you that I'm on the list of Meet Others Program. Thanks for any help.

Mary P

Thanks for your comments. I also have Meniere's disease so I am supposed to limit salt for that reason. I know if anyone has problem with fluid around heart or lungs they must limit their sodium intake to 1,000 mgs daily. With so many different health problems it's hard to get it right for everything.