Shoulda Known Better

Well, I saw my primary today. For those of you that remember, I was so happy a doctor in New York finally called him.

When I got there today, he had the write up this doctor had done, which was my disease 101. No suggestions, recommendations, nothing we didn't already know. ARGH

He wouldn't discuss treatments new or old, just wanted him to know he was published....well blah de lah for him...that really helped us out. <_<

One good thing, my doctor and I both decided it was okay for both of us to have bad days and let each other have it. After going to him for 24 years, we are some old married couple. Dave went and helped out. He was the mediator :lol:

Anyway, we decided without anyone else's help that his pharmacists would look up some drugs and we would weigh the pros and cons and see what we can come up with.

He called and wrote to a doctor across the state and asked for help, and never even got the courtesy of a reply. I don't know when doctors lost that courtesy among themselves, but I find that somewhat frightening and very annoying. They called me after I contacted them, so we could make an appointment, but refuse to call my doctor and discuss whether it is worthwhile???? Stinks of production versus treating humans.

Ah well, another 2 bite the dust.

I brushed off my butt and will stay the course, whatever that is. What do you think it means when you don't even care that you've wheel chaired head on into 2 more dirtbag doctors????

I think I will call the office across the state in the am and let them know if the doctor can't even treat his peers with respect, I don't even want to know how he treats his patients! That will make me feel better..... B) I'm apathetic as hello and I'm not taking it anymore.......morgan ;)

Oy. Not a good sign when the docs in the sandbox can't play nice together and share. Like you, I'd cancel the appointment because it's unlikely that patients get treated much better. Boogers.

Nina

.Morgan,

When I was in Seattle I ended up in theCCU. When they were going over things with me, I refused a couple medicins yntil I could get the green light from my doc. On that floor they have a phamacist who KNOWS POTS. He came in and explained thingss and was wonderful. Perhaps someone could call the pharmacy there and tell them that a former patient recommended him. I have spoken to him since that time knew intricate curves and details.

I am still in Ha't have his info. But I just called and asked for the CCu pharmacist. Mahalo

Sorry to hear you have another frustrating event from the world of nimrod docs.

I hope you find one that isn't a nimrod soon----I know there's a few out there....

Hellloooooooooo------where are you? We're looking for doctors who actually care....please can anyone help?-- :(

Keep your chin up--- :(

Maxine :0)

Thanks guys, I actually did call that doc this morning, like I said I would. The excuse they gave for him not calling my doctor? He wrote a letter instead of emailing (how the heck was he supposed to know his email address?) and number 2, he's a very busy doctor.

I told them my primary was the head of intensive care at one of our biggest hospitals and had a private practice, and I was guessing he was even busier, however he wasn't into production, he was into patient care. I told them I would be terrified to see a doctor with so little respect for one of his peers, it did not bode well at all for his patients, and then I hung up on them.

Boy, did I feel better.

Ernie, I didn't have an appointment, they wanted me to make one. I am guessing this guy charges 3-4 times what my primary does for a visit, but then the largest part of my pcp's practice is medicare and medicaid, so he's obviously not in this for the money. I won't make an appointment with him if he doesn't even respect his peers, let alone regular folk like me. It's a long drive and a lot of money for that kind of arrogance.

Miriam, actually, this was about my Periodic Paralysis, which has a huge affect on my autonomic system, so the POTS thing won't work. They are always much more concerned about my potassium, than my POTS, even though it's wreaking just as much havoc. But thanks for offering. The interesting thing I note here is the number of people who have borderline or low potassiums.

I am so intolerant of everything that's a drug, and yet I take a lethal dose of potassium every day to keep it at a normal level, and I have so many more arrythmias if I miss even one dose. I often wonder if it's all one thing or I just got stuck with every weird unknown illness out there in the universe. Like I'm in the genetic cesspool of life or something....my poor kids!

Anyway, bad doctors are a dime a dozen and good ones worth the traumas of finding them I guess. Somewhere inside of me I must have known it was going to be like this, or I am just too tired of bad guys to get upset about it any more. I'm fine and this guy on the other side of the state can be "busy" with other people.....I wouldn't want to waste his precious time. okaymorgan

Morgan I got that, but thought he could be another resource. Its rare that someone like that gets a "pass go collect 200$". And if he doesnt know he could refer. My son graduated from UW medical school and learned about periodic paralaysis among other orphan diseases. Some of his classmated had family history and did reaearch. Just a thought. Do you want me to beat him up? Miriam