Severe Brain Fog

tiger

I can't take this horrible brain fog any longer. I feel like I have no idea what's going on and my hair is falling out! This concerns me that I am not getting enough circulation to my brain and overtime my brain cells will die from decreased oxygenation. Anyone else have brain fog like this?

My brain fog can be very bad a times. Someone will ask me a question, and then there will be a long pause as I repeat the whole question in my mind, trying to figure out what the words mean and what my answer is. My mental processes become very slow! Some days it gets to the point where I can't make decisions on my own, even about something simple, because nothing makes sense. My husband has to step in and tell me what I need to do (to drink Gatorade, lie down and sleep, or eat).

Cerefolin NAC can help with brain fog issues. It might be worth asking your doctor about giving it a try.

Rachel

mestinon helped with my brain fog..when i was on it... brain fog is a really common symptoms of dysautonomia.. hope that you find something that helps you!

I don't know about brain fog..... I used to get brain fog but now I feel that it is more like brain dead!!... I cannot think fast and never have been able to but I have been much worse over recent years and cannot think at all at times and feel like my head is seizing up. I was worried too about the impact of lack of circulation to the brain but I don't have any answers here either. Lying down helps, the only trouble is as soon as I get up, I'm almost just as bad. I suffer very bad migraines and recently been told that even when I don't have pain of migraine, I'm still having one so I don't know if this is making it worse for me.

Sorry I can't help much but you do have my sympathy and understanding. Hope you get something to help!!

LoL Helen x

I have awful problems with brain fog, too. I can get completely lost in the middle of a sentence or stuck on a word. I've poured cereal on a plate (caught it before trying to pour the milk!) and walked in circles in the kitchen trying to remember what to do next in the process of getting cereal (like a dog chasing its tail... round and round I go!). Of course, there is the inevitable placing perishables in the cupboard and non-perishables in the fridge or completely forgetting to put something away all together. My husband has learned to walk after me to make sure the milk is in the fridge or the gas oven is off. Bless him.

I noticed something really interesting the other day, though. I had an interview, and my brain was working nearly perfectly. Answering questions wasn't a problem, and I even managed to throw in a bit of wit!

One hour later, I'm home trying to tell my husband about the interview, and I'm back to being all over the place and stumbling on every word.

Could it be that a higher flow of adrenaline during the interview counteracted the brain fog? If so, is that something can be achieved pharmaceutically?

Are you wearing compression stockings? Can you?

Dr. Grubb calls what you ask about, decortation of the brain. I take it to mean that the cerebral cortex (the highly convoluted external surface of the brain) is not getting 02. Decortation refers to the outer organ- like bark on a tree.

I found this in a book he wrote for other Drs.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ER&v=glance

you can "search inside the book" at amazon.

You may find something helpful in there. I did.

:)

I was searching for info on presentation of seizures caused by lack of 02. And in fact I found the description in there.

I had a few of those and my movements exactly match what he described. I had suffered acute lack of O2, but you apparently have it chronically

and so I have no understanding of your particular issues.

I wondered tho if you could be given oxygen. Have you tried that to see how you feel?

good luck

Hi Sara! I also have severe brain fog which has been one of the most difficult things for me to accept. I used to be very organized and on top of things. I don't feel like I am anymore.

Some days I can actually feel the fog setting in on me and everything almost looks cloudy. It's very strange, like things going on around me aren't quite real. On these days, I won't even drive my car because I know I can't process information well enough. More than once, I have found myself stunned, sitting at a green light. As far as I know, I haven't drive through any red ones!