Advice From Women Please!!!

artluvr09

I am so lightheaded today. I feel disoriented, and tired as well. What really scares me most is feeling disoriented. I mean it could be the weather I Don't know. It is rainy here in PA and windy very windy. I feel disoriented, lightheaded, and I had a headache earlier. I mean I am also due for my period on November 3rd I don't know if this has anything to do with that. I'm out of it and tired. I hate feeling like this.

Another thing I want to ask, Earlier when I breathed in I felt a sharp jabbing pain in my upper left shoulder like on the shoulder blade. it lasted for like 10 minutes. what could cause that? I was doing dishes so I didn't pull a muscle.

What is wrong with me today I hate being lightheaded and disoriented. I am a 22 yr old female.

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. If you have any new or concerning symptoms, it is always a good idea to contact your doctor. Can you call your doctor and describe your symptoms and see what he or she thinks--if you should be seen or go to the ER?

I find my symptoms are always the worst in the day or two prior to the start of my period. This is not that uncommon with POTS. At least part of the explanation is that the hormonal fluctuations affect fluid retention and other body chemistry that we are sensitive to--at least that is what a dr told me some time ago.

I hope you feel better in a few days.

I also live in PA, and it has been quite dreary here! I don't know if weather impacts POTS or not.

Mine has been consistently bad since I started having symptoms about 15 months ago, so I personally have not really noticed a huge difference when I am on my period, however, I have heard frequently that hormone levels can impact POTS -- that seems to be supported by the fact that more women than men have POTS. So it could quite possibly be related to your period. Have you noticed a increase in your symptoms previously around the time you were suppose to start your period?

Hope you feel better soon!

I think some of mine get worse around the time of ol Aunt Flo as well. Usually that's telling me I need some more iron and fluids, as I tend to get lazy in my drinking and electrolytes around that time, because I get very pms-y. Come to think of it, that's probably why I devoured that hamburger last night like a crazy person...

We have also had some crazy weather, and that effects me too. As for the jabbing pain, I can't offer any advice, other than I hope you feel better soon.

It is probably your menstrual cycle. My symptoms are always worse during my period. My primary doc put me on birth control pills to help balance my hormones. This helped some but I still get worse during my period. A couple of days ago I woke up and I was so dizzy I could barely get out of bed without nearly vomiting, then I started my period the next night. I am positive it is related.

The symptoms you're describing are my normal dysaut symptoms. Period plus weather patterns always equal some level of a flare. Meditating helps me a lot....hydrating...recently started earthing if it's not too humid. Truth is, if the barometric pressure is changing on the outside I still feel bad inside the house so getting my bare feet on the ground doesn't make me worse. Only exception is heat and humidity. Fall days are great for outdoor meditation. Good luck with your symptoms artluvr09. I'm not saying it's normal but it is the norm for me.