I'm Back, And An Update

Hi guys,

I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long, but I felt I needed to take a long break from the support forum while I began my lyme treatment---so I could devote all my energy to getting well.

The first 6 months of treatment I had horrible reactions to my antibiotics and began having seizures...my POTS also got so bad I couldn't stand for more than a minute without becoming severly hypotensive. However, after a several month break, I restarted treatment about 7 months ago and have seem some pretty amazing improvements.

I still am disabled by my POTS, but I'm able to stand for about 15 minutes now on my medication without getting dizzy, and my tachycardia has improved considerably---only ~110 bpm after 10 minutes of standing lol. I still have about a year or more of treatment left...I'm going to begin hyperbaric therapy in the next few months, and should graduate to IV antibiotics this summer if all goes well. But I can definitley say that taking things slow has been the best route for me, I'm able to tolerate my treatment, which is very very important.

You all have been in my thoughts and prayers, and now that my health is improving I'm going to try to post on the forums more. I know there are alot of new faces and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you :)

to my fellow dizz :):wub: so good to see you on here.. and im glad that you took the time to care for yourself (tho i and im sure other missed you too :):) ).. and im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO very happy to here that you are seeing improvement with treating the lyme..i have a big smile on my face after reading your post.. :wub::wub:B) again so glad you having improvement

your in my prayers lauren!

love and hugs

dizz