How much florinef is everyone taking?

Goblin

If I'm remembering correctly...I think Dr. Grubb told me that .3mg (total for day) was the highest dose he was comfortable using with patients (given, that discussion was 2 years ago, take this with a giant grain of salt). I know others who are on .2 mg a day, if that helps you any.

If florinef isn't giving you the desired effect, there are other meds to consider to elevate the bp via expanding blood volume, such as epogen. With florinef, as with epo, you'll need to carefully monitor your bp and if it's too high, you need to get in contact with your doctor.

Nina ;)

Nicole--everyone is different. If one drug doesn't work for you, another might (or might not).

Proamatine works by constricting the blood vessels (so, making the pipes tighter). Florinef works by expanding your total blood volume (more flowing in the pipes) by tricking the kidneys to retain salt, which in turn means you retain more fluids. Epogen is another way of increasing volume--it causes the body to make more red blood cells.

Nina ;)

Compression stockings make a big difference for me. After I put them on my heart rate goes down and my blood pressure goes up...and that's just what I need. I wear them when I go to work or church or any other place I may be stuck standing in one place for any length of time. They definitely are worth trying.

Michelle

I get the waist high, 30-40 ones. I just buy mine over the Internet at Bright life Direct. There are some other companies out there that I think people have posted on here in the past. Anyone?

Best of luck with them!

Michelle

Thank you, Michelle. I didn't see the waist-high Jobst' on there, but I'll keep looking. Also, my doctor gave me a prescription, and it amazes me that at the pharmacy where I got my stockings, the price without a prescription was $110. I still don't know what they'll charge me if anything.