Weird... Anyone Had This Happen?

Angelika_23

Hello,

My body just doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. The other night, I was feeling odd and my first thought was, "Am I tachycardic?" I checked my pulse, and it wasn't fast. In fact, it seemed like forever between each beat, and sometimes seemed to be irregular. My heart rate was 62. I haven't seen a rate that low while I was standing for.... I don't know how long! I also had some chest pain. I don't know if they were connected or not. I saw my cardio today. He put me on a 24 hr holter.

Since that day, I have been staying between 70's and 90's. Which is really really good for me. <_<

Angela

that happens to me though not when i'm standing, i can be sitting down or even lying down w/ 50-60bpm and get the chest pain or standing (with sig. higher numbers <_<) and have chest pain... so sorta? yea. i have had that if you allow for lying down. but with the irregular beats i have that quite often, sometimes several times a week (my bp cuff tells me if it measures irregular beats...how awesome is that lol) with either low or high bpm. wonder why? hmm... well i'm glad you're feeling better now at least!!!

Hi!

Hope you are feeling better! Sounds like the Holter is probably a good idea. Are you prone to irregular beats such as PAC's or PVC's? With these and other irregular rhythms/beats you can actually be tachycardiac and not be able to palpate that at the wrist/neck and your BP cuff/HR device may not pick it up as a beat. With the premature beats it is because that particular beat is weak and very hard if not impossible to pick up without an EKG/Holter. These irregular beats in small numbers and if not frequent can be benign, so it is something good to look into, but may not be worrysome.

Hope you get some answers!