NUMBNESS

Sue

I am going through alot of testing right now, with my main complaint being numb. It has been mainly on the right side of my face, neck, chest and upper arm. But this morning it was totally on the whole side of my body right down to my foot!!! I have a call in to the neuro and my primary care physician. But am totally freaked out here. Does anyone else get this???

Sue

Hello,I get this too.It has been all over but right now it is my legs that are the worse.Before being dx with POTS the doctors thought I had MS and done all sorts of test.They did find one lesion on my brain but that does not dx MS.I thank God everyday for that!Dr. Fealey at the Mayo Clinic told me that numbness went along with POTS,my PCP says it does also and changes the subject every time I complain about it.Does your numbness burn?I feel like I have scalding hot water running thru where ever I am numb.Keep me posted on what you find out please.Hope things get better for you soon,Melanie

I am experiencing the numbness more and more lately. I recently went for an operation to burn my Endometriosis. My legs died all the way up to my waist. It was very scary and took a week and a half to get "better". My hands and feet dye allot and I often have horrible pins and needles. I sometimes cannot walk on my feet it is to painful and sometimes it burns and goes blood red. I am seeing my Cardiologist at the end of the month. I will talk to him and inform you if I learn anything new. My gp says it is my Fibro... that causes it and I take tripileen(spelling) that has decreased :) the amount of pain I am having.

Even though I don't have most of my POTS symptoms any longer, I still get the numbness in my toes and fingers. The Neuro that diagnosed me said that I probably had a virus that damaged my peripheral nerves but they may heal in time. It's always worse when I've overdone and worn myself out. I've been canning tomatoes, that would wear anyone out!

The only thing that now seems to help the numbness is to get enough sleep. If I pace myself better, then I go for days without any numbness.

Sue, I've never had as much numbness as you've described, but when it was the worse, it went down my right side from my right ear to my big toe. Have you gotten you gotten the results back from your tests?

I have Reynaud's phenomenon which when exposed to cold, even sometimes warm temps my fingers and toes become numb. I also have experienced numbness on my left hip which burns.......it's kind of hard to explain that. Let us know what your doc says about the numbness.

Jaime

I had numbness, but it wasn't from POTS--I had nerve compression at the nerve roots between C5-6. After my spinal surgery, most of that numbness disappeared. Some had been going on so long that the nerves were unable to heal.

Nina