BRAIN FOG

Sue

I wanted to mention I also talked to my new neuro about my brain fog/lack of concentration moments.

He wants me to do some "aerobics for my brain" Not as bad as it sounds. All he wants me to do is play a couple of games of solitaire a day. And not on the computer. And also color!!! how fun... Certain parts of the brain are affected when one experiences brain fog/lack of concentration and these activities stimulate them.

Now if coloring could take my extra weight off!! :wub:

Sue

Dear Sue, I thought it was a little weird at first, but my cardio Doc suggested the same things. I've taken it so far as designing quilts for my mom and sister. I even do crotchet afghans. I sell them once a year at the flea market with my mom, every spring when it is still cool.

I even started helping my budding writer/artist daughter make homemade books for pressents for family. They love the gifts.

Blackwolf

I can't think of a better way to spend my time :wacko:

My son loves crayons, and I love to color with them lol :mellow: Nothing wrong with throwing out a little creativity now and then. Hope it works for you!

I used to be a certified instructor & consultant for Brain Gym, a part of the Educational Kinesiology Foundation. It's an incredibly fascinating and highly successful, proven program that develops new pathways in your brain. It can help with cognitive tasks as well as emotional situations which you would like to handle more easily. Unfortunately I became too ill to continue such work to help others, and after a while couldn't even complete my own activities that I had been so faithful to and enjoyed doing.

Your doctors are exactly right about brain exercises. What I would suggest, however, is adding a more purposeful physical component, such as coloring with your opposite hand, or just free-form drawing with both hands mirroring each other (if your right hand goes out to the right, your left hand goes out to the left . . .). You can even stick crayons between your toes and do the arms and legs at the same time, limbs always mirroring each other. Try writing your name in mirror image and then with hands and feet at the same time - it's a riot!

Any time you can do an activity that incorporates crossing a midline of your body (across the waist, from right to left sides, or front to back), you are helping to build pathways in your brain. Think about ways you can do those things based on simple activities. Be creative, and you will certainly benefit from it!