Does Your Heart Feel Like This?

Ernie

Hi,

Last night I was trying to fall asleep and I felt my heart turning upside down on the inside of my chest and then and then upside down on the other side. It kept doing that for 2 hours. At other times my heart felt like it was falling on the floor. Today I had the same feeling but I was sitting or standing. Do any of you know what it is?

It's obviously some type of arrythmia Ernie, but unless seen, you just wouldn't know. I have pac's that can feel that way, but I also have pvc's that flip flop around. And then I'll have a holter and it will pick up a bunch of stuff I never felt.

I have felt exactly what you describe, but I just can't tell you what it is. If it continues for awhile, that's a good time to go to an ER and at least get it on a record somewhere. I think sometimes we have arrythmias we feel more sometimes due to more dehydration, higher bp, whatever. The circumstances cause us to feel it more. That's about as helpful as I can be, sorry. morgan p.s. I sure wish we could have little ekg machines at home and get our own strips, because they are infamous for only happening when you can't see them! :(

Yep. Mine does the flip flop thing and sometimes it feels like it stops for a beat. It has never been picked up by a monitor though but I know I have it. It is like Mrs B said.....the car that works fine when you take it to your mechanic.

mary

Hi Ernie,

It might be something you want to get checked out. I hate those flip flops, but I couldn't get the real bad ones I get on occasion to reproduce while I was on this loop recorder that was implanted in the summer of 2005. The battery is now dead, and it needs to come out. All they could was the single PACs, and PVCs-------sometimes a few in a row.

You need to get an explanation behind these, and I think it's wise to get this recorded.

Take care Ernie, and I hope this goies away----as you have enough on your plate now.

Maxine :0)

Thank you. I googled it and found that one of the causes of PVC's is increased adrenaline..............well then we probably all have pvc's or pac's if that is the case. Al least now I know what it is and it is not so scary when you know what is going on.

Thank you

mary