Fleet Phospho-soda Solution-----anyone Use This For Prep?

Maxine

Well, Sunday I start the liquid diet for two days---ugggg-- This is for barium enema lower GI.

Then the Fleet Phospho-Soda Solution starts at noon Monday.

It's the "two day" liquid diet----ahhhh---

I got some good tips on chicken broth----that should help out, but I'll bet I won't want any broth for a while---lol

Anyone had the Fleet Phospho-Soda Solution, and how well did you tolerate it? Normally I do not have a weak stomach, so not too concerned with nausea ect.

Such low BP lately----- :(

Thanks for any information...

Another question for those of you with EDS. Have you ever heard of diverticuli in doudeum/small bowel just below stomach?

I talked with my EDS doc's office and spoke with genetic counselor on Tuesday about digestive manifestations of EDS. She said this does happen in some EDS patients. We talked about my non existant hydroxy prolene levels -0- ---(this is an important protein in collagen), and asked if this could mean I have more vascular involvement then first thought?

She said probably not, and that I do have vascular "involvement", this is in regards to poor vascular tone----weakened vessels.

I was a little concerned about any stress on my intestines, since it's a little unknown how much my intestine are affected.

I'm thinking it should be fine, as the EDS group in Cincinnati are a sharp group of geneticists and genetic counsellors.

It is very interesting on how much the digestive system can be affected from EDs.

MAxine :0)

Maxine, I have not done the phosph prep, my doctor doesn't like it, it's a personal thing, I guess, because he has partners that do.

It's a much lower volume of fluid to drink, but the taste is absolutely horrible, so I hear. After a few glasses of golytely, it's no picnic either. It's not while you are drinking it, it's the aftertaste that's killer.

I never do these preps without lifesaver candies in one hand and the drink in the other. The second it's down my throat, in goes that lifesaver. And for these preps, they are appropriately named!

Also, people do tend to have a bit more nausea with the phospho soda, so if you have anti nausea meds, you might consider one for prophylaxis. But stick to the clear liquids and get those lifesavers! Good luck sweetie...morgan

Seriously - the lifesavers worked great. I sucked on one right before I would take the next glassful of prep. I put the prep in an empty propel bottle...it is easier to chug in a bottle than in a glass...and then right after I chugged it, I put the lifesaver back in and swirled it around to get the taste out. It worked great for me.

Thanks so much for all your advice, and encouragement.

I haven't felt well lately-------a combination of everything I guess, so your help is very much appreciated.

I will be having air along with the contrast in the lower end----so I was told to expect some cramping.

I can't wat to get this behind me, so to speak..... :(

Maxine :0)

Another question for those of you with EDS. Have you ever heard of diverticuli in doudeum/small bowel just below stomach?

I talked with my EDS doc's office and spoke with genetic counselor on Tuesday about digestive manifestations of EDS. She said this does happen in some EDS patients. We talked about my non existant hydroxy prolene levels -0- ---(this is an important protein in collagen), and asked if this could mean I have more vascular involvement then first thought?

Hi Maxine,

You can get diverticuli anywhere along your digestive tract it just tends to be more common in the colon in 'normal ' people, us EDSers can have problems else where. Mine are all over the place!

Take care Maxine

Anna