Severe Nausea

dizzygirl

for the past several afternoons in a row.. im awaken from my nap with severe nausea.. the right before you puke nausea that makes your mouth water.. and think if i dont move quick there is going to be a mess...

the nausea doesnt go away.. and i dont throw up...it last welll into the evening....

wondering if you all that deal with this.. what do you do to make it stop.. I havent started anything new yet.... :):):blink::blink:

I, too, experience extreme nausea but it usually comes when I have my bouts of diarrhea or if I'm hypoglycemic. Have you had any recent med changes? Do you have a problem with hypoglycemia? Is there any chance you could be pregnant? Just a few things to think about.

I take Phenergan pretty regularly for this. Thankfully, I've gotten past the point of it making me incredibly sleepy.

Hope you feel better!

Yes, Yes, Yes...I deal with that type of nausea alot. I am still waiting to find that "magic pill" that works.....If you find something let me know! I hope this subsides for you very soon.

Jacquie

hi dizzy,

what usually helps me, is using my electric thingy to lift the head end of my bed some more and (don't laugh!!!) eat some carrots. i don't know why this helps, but it does. i usually fall asleep again and when i wake up (as i can't stay asleep this high) i put the head end back and i'm okay.

hope this helps for jou too!!!

take care,

corina :)

I struggle with nausea often, though it usually isn't as bad as what you are describing. Ocassionally I'll have nausea so badly that I think I'm going to throw up, but that doesn't happen regularly.

Peppermint tea and lying on my side help a little bit. Time is the only thing that takes the nausea away, though. Flop recently said that chewing on a spice helps (like fennel or cloves). Someday I want to try that out.

I hope this goes away for you soon.

Rachel

I did have that kind of nausea that wakes you up and you think: in this very moment I'm going to puke!...And then nothing.

I used to have nausea all the time. Like carry-barf-bags-everywhere and sleep-with-the-bucket-by-the-bed kind of nausea. The most frustrating and perplexing part is that I would rarely throw up. I would just careen to the very edge, like you speak of, and hover there...waiting. I changed my diet and exluded: gluten, dairy, raw fruit, caffeine and alcohol and the change has been amazing. What used to be a daily occurance of debilitating nausea now generally only happens on the heels of hypoglycemia, severe blood pressure drop and/or dysautonomic panic attack. These episodes happen maybe once a month and are usually provoked by some stimulant or another. Gone are the days of waking up, bolt-like, with that to-the-edge nausea.

I have no idea if it will work for you but I swear it has worked wonders for me!

Tip: when I did (and do) get nauseated I put an ice pack on my stomach. Somehow the cold chills the nerves into submission.

Guest tearose

If it is not contraindicated, could you tolerate a 1/4 or 1/2 dose of children's anti-nausea medicine?

My pcp told me to take a tiny dose of Bonine which is for travel sickness. I took 1/4 of a kids chewable tablet and it worked amazingly well.

Maybe you could ask if you could try it.

best regards,

tearose