Heart Rate Seems To Increase After Eating

Angelika_23

Sorry if there is already a thread on this. I did a search but didn't find anything.

I am noticing that in the past couple days my HR goes way up after I eat a meal. I just ate a bowl of rice and veggies. And drank some water. Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it?

I am also on my monthly cycle, so I didn't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks,

Angela

Guest tearose

Me too, I have to eat smaller more frequent meals or I will have increase in heart rate. I also find it harder to think after a meal or drive....I may need to nap if I ate too heavy.

tearose

There are certain foods that trigger a tachy episode for me. Milk, sugar, and ham are my worst triggers. Also, if I do too many combinations of foods then my hr will increase more than if I just eat one type of food, or eat in small meals/snacks throughout the day.

Small meals, snacks, and avoiding trigger foods helps me to reduce the tachycardia after meals.

Rachel

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec03/ch023/ch023d.html

This link explains in a nutshell post prandial hypotension. Hope this helps. Low carb/higher protein ratio meals can help..and smaller meals with snacks in between can help, too.

This is very common in many of us.

I tried to google splachnic shunting and could not find the article I needed..I think I am mis spelling a word. A woman at another site 12 years ago used to really be able to explain this stuff. VERY COMMON.