Wellbutrin Sr 150 Mg

dezyrae2

Anyone ever try wellbutrin for pots. Just saw the ep today and he told me to try 150mg once a day for the dizziness. I am a little nervous to try it though, I am very sensitive to meds and this seems to have some side effects. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Desiree

I've never tried Wellbutrin myself but I know others on the forum take it.

I have learnt the hard way that starting off on a small dose of a new drug is often a good idea, it allows your body to get used to the med and any weird side effects before you slowly increase up to the proper dosage. I don't know what doses this med comes in but I'd have a chat with your PCP and see if you can get a prescription for the smallest dose tablets or a liquid form so that you are able to take a small dose to start with.

Good luck, I hope it helps your symptoms - let us know how you get on with it.

Flop

I take Wellbutrin - could not handle the ssri's. I am on 200mg (100mg 2/day) but started at 100 for about a week before I stepped up. I, like you, am very sensitive to drugs now. Just take it as slow as possible. If 150 is too much, ask your dr. if you can start at 100 for a while.

without trying to sound short, there's not a drug out there without side effects. that said, i tried wellbutrin years back (sometime in the spring of 2005) and it didn't do a thing for me good or bad. for all i knew i could have been taking a placebo.

just as with everything else we're all different. i'm pretty sure there have been other discussions re: wellbutrin though so you may want to do a search of past posts.

last but not least, if you're considering starting on a smaller dose & working up, make sure that the pill you have can be safely split. anything that is extended release or enteric coated generally can't be altered. it sounds like your prescription is for a slow release (SR) form of wellbutrin so you'd likely have to get a different script in order to start with a lower dose.

good luck,

B) melissa

I take Wellbutrin. As for its effects, I'm not sure I'm noticing any after several months.

However, 150 is a small dose. I think from what I remember it is the smallest dose in the SR.

DO NOT cut the tablet as it is SR which means sustained release. The coating on the pill aids in a slower release into your system.

Side effects have not been an issue for me.

I don't read the inserts which describe side effects until I notice something strange or out of the ordinary. I don't want to talk myself into something. FOr instance I am often nauseous. If I see something can cause nauseousness I probably am going to get nauseous. Of courrse this is a side effect of most meds.

Wellbutrin is known for enhancing energy. In the past it did for me. Not so much since POTS.

It also made insomnia worse, not so much now.

I don't know if POTS has changed my body so much that the effects of wellbutrin are different or if perhaps there is a significant difference in the generic as compared to the brand name.

GOod luck with whatever you do.

I tried Wellbutrin for a little while. It made me very sleepy, though, so I couldn't continue it. My doctor said that sleepiness is a rare side effect of Wellbutrin. From what I understand, Wellbutrin is generally a well tolerated med. If your doctor thinks it would help, definitely give it a try.

I hope it works for you.

Rachel