Fainting Of A Famous Artist On Tv

Ernie

Hi,

One of the dancers passed out right after dancing the samba on the show. If I remember correctly it is the singer Marie Osmond. She was out for a few seconds and when she woke up she said that she faints sometimes when she overdoes it.

I was surprised that she was able to stand up so fast and look so healthy right after her episode. It takes me 3 hours to be able to walk! Everyone is different.

It was on the show: Dancing with the Stars.

Ernie

I do not watch that show except in bits and pieces as it's up against a racing review show. Here is a cut and paste from TMZ.com site. I HOPE she gets a checkout of cardiac stuff and a TTT. She says this happens sometimes? She 'forgets to breathe"?

SOMEBODY contact her and get her in to Vanderbilt! ;) We need a female spokesman.

Samba-dy Help! Osmond Collapses on "Dancing"

Posted Oct 22nd 2007 8:47PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: TV

Just moments after Marie Osmond busted out an intense samba routine, she hit the dance floor even harder -- passing out cold on tonight's live broadcast of "Dancing with the Stars."

As the judges stared in shock, host Tom Bergeron kept his composure and quickly threw to commercial while Osmond was sprawled out on the floor.

But all concerns were eased after the break, when Marie was up and moving around backstage. According to Bergeron, the first thing Marie said when she came to was, "Oh crap."

Osmond then explained her breakdown on camera, saying, "Once in a while it happens to me ... I stop breathing. I'm so sorry." Uh, might wanna get that checked out.

No sympathy points from the judges -- Osmond only scored 21 out of a possible 30 points.

Hope it's ok with the mods to allow this link with video of Marie fainting. Then they threw to commercial. I am sure it may turn up on YOU Tube in full version later.

http://orlyorly.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/m...with-the-stars/

P.S. As I post this link there are no comments listed. But sometimes folks can get potty mouth in their comments. Should this happen, I apologize in advance but thought it important to post the video since we RARELY see somebody faint LIVE on tv.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for posting the video Sophia.

Yes, it's rare we see a real syncope on TV. I was shocked when I saw her fall down. I was wondering what was going on and when they told us after the commercial I felt better because I was afraid she could have had a heart attack.

I agree that she should get a TTT.

I guess we'll never know but it would be interesting to find out what her tests show. I guess the show's producers will want her to have a thorough medical check before dancing again.

I'm not sure about her comments that "I forget to breathe", she was breathing really heavily just before she collapsed. I know she had just done a hard dance routine and her HR was probably very fast, but hyperventilation is another possible cause for her collapse.

I hope she has fully recovered.

Flop

Guest tearose

They should use this video clip to train those who work with us.

I think it demonstrated how hard she kept smiling and breathing to look "normal" and then...her body took over and out she went.

I understand the "oh crap" too...she must have done this before because I too wake up and then feel bad that I fainted. It is like I say...oh no, not again.

It will be interesting to see how she explains and manages from here on.

Thanks for the post and the video clip!!!

tearose

Well, knowing Marie's sense of humor, i am thinking she just uses the "I forget to breathe thing" to lighten up the situation or poke fun at herself.

But I do know there is some ANS thing kids have where they hold their breath and faint but it's been ages since I read about that..but judging from the panting or should I say, heavy breathing Marie was doing before she collapsed...she WAS breathing.

Yes, I hope somebody is THOROUGH on her. I know Dr. G is way too busy but I wish somebody from Vanderbilt was watching to see what happened and offer her COMPLETE ANS and cardiac work up.

Like others, I look forward to an update.

Hi,

If she has a vasodilation problem, it did not help that she had to stand still to get her marks. She passed out about 10 seconds after she was standing still.

I hope she gets to continue the competition and that she get to be tested properly.

Hi everyone!

Not to be a downer or anything, but there are a lot of other reasons for fainting. :angry: If I remember right she has had some health problems in the past, was it eating disorder? or something, but I think that it is more likely due to her not taking as good of care of herself as she should and all the stress she is under. Plus I am sure the lights in there are hot etc. But, I guess I was just worried to see so many people jump on that it could be POTS. :) But, it could be a multitude of things, and I just hope that she is okay, and receives good medical attention that can help her figure everything out! :)

Hi again!

Just wanted to say sorry if I came across differently then I meant. :blink: I didn't mean anything bad, besides to bring up the possibility of something else being an issue.

I just tend to find myself trying to apply myself and my personal experience to others, and try to not do that. But, it can be really hard! B) So, I guess I overcorrect myself sometimes! :huh:

So, whoops! :o

On Entertainment Tonight, their butchered interview with Marie made it sound like she has no idea what triggered the faint on the show.

Donnie, off premises, was spot on describing on video Marie fading...then STOMPING her feet before the judges and jumping around. He said she was pushing blood back to her head. He was correct and savvy. After standing still, she fainted.

THEN on tonights recap show of DWTStars, Marie said she has had ALL sorts of tests, MRI, CT scans, nobody knows.

I WANT TO KNOW...has she had a TILT TABLE TEST!! As mother of 8 kids, she needs this test or to say if she has had one.

So earlier on ET, acted like it might be a first faint. but said last night and on the update today, she has many tests done. So maybe she means the MEDICAL community can't tell her WHY she faints.

Well, I hope she gets an answer. She is making a record, flying around to perform with her brothers, trying to raise kids, be on this show, over weight but losing weight. She needs to SLOW DOWN and get answers and then act accordingly.

If she does not want to be a spokesman fine. But she went on tv all over the place yapping about post partum depression.(her late mother had the same problems years and years ago) I don't know if she wants something ELSE on her plate to be a poster child for but I bet she MAY be interested in being on some shows to discuss ANS issues IF, IF that is what her deal is.

Also losing her mom has been very difficult and getting a second divorce. Being Mormon, divorce is usually TABOO! So she has had many personal struggles to deal with IN PUBLIC. she is probably tired at this point and just wants an answer. If she does and wants to NOT be the poster child for fainters, that's cool too. I have like her and her brother forever. He has had stage fright issues as well. So you wonder about a genetic predisposition to ANS stuff. marie has had a multiple amount of stress in recent years.

I just hope she gets help. It's amazing how famous people and people with BIG BUCKS can still get less than perfect medical care.

My favorite story is Jenny Craig's story but that's for another day. She saw UMPTEEN docs over a several year period for her jaw problem. Had to drop out of the public eye, quit doing her own commercials...

GO MARIE! Get a TTT.

:)

I know a way to actually contact her. She sells dolls on QVC and she acutally reads the questions and posts that she gets, so if anyone is game, go to QVC and there are ways to send the guests comments and questions.

I love her and think she is wonderful and it would be awesome to have her as a spokes person for us!!!!!!!!

mary

I tried posting on her blog at http://www.marieosmond.com/Blog/tabid/81/E.../6/Default.aspx and they edited everything out that I had said about fainting or about checking out potsplace.com. They just put the simple stuff in about her dancing and stuff. What a shame that she can't truly read what her fans post. If anyone else has any luck at any other sites let me know.

Nolie

Thanks Johnson Gang for the update.

FIRST we simply need to ask has she gotten a TILT TABLE TEST. all other things (as we know) can be normal.

Then after getting that answer, find if she flunked it.

I know nothing about QVC site and find it hard to navigate.

I would be happy knowing if she has had TTT.

Baby steps.

:)

I have to agree with ajw. It seems like since I've been on the board every few months a celebrity or political figure faints, and the cause is usually not POTS. There are many other conditions that can make someone faint. I think POTS comes to mind for us since we have it. But if she does have dysautonomia (not that I wish it on her), it'd be good publicity for us!

Hi,

Nolie: That's so sad that they edited your comment for her to get medical help and check Potsplace. It seems that people who are protecting her don't want her to know or investigate what she might have.

I watched the second part last night and I am glad that she was not eliminated. At first I thought that she would because they kept replaying her syncope. When they finally called her name and said that she was coming back next week I had tears in my eyes. I am glad that she was not prejudiced against because of her faint.