Thrill Rides

Mrs. Burschman

Got a question for you all:

Do you enjoy thrill rides? I can tolerate some, but forget big roller coasters. I'm wondering if having autonomic issues might make coping with thrill rides more difficult.

Case in point: I made the mistake of going on the Tower of Terror at Disneyworld. It freaked me out really bad. Within a half hour, I was out with a migraine. I had to go back to the hotel for the rest of the day.

Other rides, even if I like them, can leave me really shaky. How about you?

Amy

We have an amusement park - Silver Dollar City - close by.

I can ride a few things - things I have ridden for years - but other things I know not to attempt - they will have serious repercussions. I'll put it this way - the "teacups" make me dizzy!

But, I can enjoy the shows. They have a LOT of benches throughout the park to rest on. I can ride the train. So, I enjoy the park - just not the rides.

NEVER been able to do amusement park rides EVEN as a kid without violent nausea and vomiting. Could do some kiddie rollercoasters but the BIG ONE I felt like I was dying on the downforce and this was back in the 70's. Anything that spins was bad but I USED to be able to do the Carousel Horses...

Now I can't even travel let alone amusement park rides.

I can also get sick from elevators and will take the stairs unless it's up more than 5 fllights (Rest and take my time) the fast elevators or ones that 'shimmy a bit' can SET ME OFF and make me instantly symptomatic and even create cripping vertigo.

ANS folks should stay OFF amusement park rides in general.