Licensed Naturalist

havefaitherin

I was wondering if anyone here has seen a "Naturalist" for your Autonomic Dysfunction or any other issues you may have? I was considering it and wondering if anyone has been down this road before. I just want to see what they would say, as I have so many immune system problems on top of the Hyperadrenergic POTS. I am a little bit of a skeptic, but I feel I can't say anything about it either way if I haven't tried it myself.

Erin

Yes, and I while nothing suggested helped me, i don't think it hurt me either... The person I saw was part of the practice I used to go to for accupuncture, which did help me with migraines.

nina

I have seen one- for fatigue. Big surprise! He put me on a one week diet to rule out systemic yeast.

It was ruled out, and that was that. I liked him etc.etc..... But I didn't go back.

That was before my NCS DX. Which does not explain the fatigue issues according to my Drs. . My MD says I'm depressed.

Another big surprise!

My daughter has NCS and it does make her fatigued. When her blood pressure and heart rate both drop she feels tired. So, how could it not cause fatigue? At least at times it would have to!

I was thinking of taking my daughter and I both to a Naturalist as I have a lot of other auto-immune issues that I wonder about.

Since I have Liver disease, I am in a group that considers alternative treatments- commonly.

My opinion is IF orthodox western meds offer nothing, and you can afford alternative- go for it.

It is unlikely (in my opinion) to be more then a supportive role. However good diet chooses can be

fundamentally essential to good health, and they can help with that.

Hi, I am currently seeing a naturopathic doctor who works in conjunction with my lyme doctor. So, while not specifically for pots related issues, we do work on adrenal fatigue, regulating my hormones appropriately, improving sleep and regulating the immune system. It can be expensive to go this route since insurance typically doesn't cover supplements, but I think it has been worth it for me.

What I will say is that if you decide to see an alternative doctor, get referrals. Like any specialty there are good and bad doctors out there.

good luck,

Pam

People swear by them or hate them. Just be very careful, I have seen 3 people die from "supplements" given by them.

I am very traditional, but not opposed to anything that doesn't hurt you. I believe you have to be a zillionaire, however, as I had a friend spend 6000 dollars in 2 weeks to cure his metastatic cancer with "banana bags" (bags of saline filled with vitamins.) He was not cured.

Please, just get credentials first. morgan