Do Your Clothes "hurt?"

Hello! I have a question. My clothes bother me. Does this happen to anyone else? Anything tight on my chest especially...like sometimes my bra's really bother me, like it's constricting me chest (even when they are on the last hook). Makes it feel like it's hard to take a deep breath. I also notice this if I wear anything with elastic around my waist. Feels like it is squeezing my stomach or intestines and is not comfortable. Even winds up making me feel sick.

Anyone else experience this, or am I just crazy? :o:)

Lauren

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I have to wear my pants big - enough so I can fit a fist in between my skin and the material. If I don't I get the worst stomach aches and even diarrhea from too tight pants. Thought it was just one of my quirks. I can wear tight shirts - no problem. Maybe my intestines are just extra sensitive.

Sara

I can't even wear a bra, not good for someone who's rather large up top! Get terrible rib pain anyway and this makes it worse. I also feel like I can't breathe.

I can't wear anything round my waist unless it's about 3 sizes too big lol Cant breathe, the stomach ache thing and just generally wearing 'normal' clothes makes me feel exhausted! Weird.

I can't even wear a bra, not good for someone who's rather large up top! Get terrible rib pain anyway and this makes it worse. I also feel like I can't breathe.

I can't wear anything round my waist unless it's about 3 sizes too big lol Cant breathe, the stomach ache thing and just generally wearing 'normal' clothes makes me feel exhausted! Weird.

Well at least we're not alone in this! It is weird though. Luckily for me I don't have the same predicament up top, I can get away with no bra in most shirts! :o But I do always wear one when going out. I get the same feelings you do, can't breath, hurts. And with the pants it aches and can't breathe too. It is very odd, but at least I now know at least two people out there get that too!

I can't wear underwire at all.Have you tried this or a sports bra thats a size bigger than you when you go out? I don't have much to put in the bra, especially with the weight loss. I wear a bra by Olga that i find at Macy's etc. It even clicks in front. We have a specialty bra shop nearby that has tons of bra and you get personal attention. It started outas masectomy shop but as we all know finding the right bra is not easy before pots. hope you find something:-)

I know what you mean,especially pants aound the waist.Even if they are bigger than regular size,I am really miserable.I thought it was from gastroparisis,or is it POTS? Sorry you have this problem, but good to know I'm not alone, Take care Pat

I've tried the sports bra/crop top type and it still hurts/cant breathe. Really hard to find anything in my size too as I'm really large. They all seem to be maternity bras :)

I thought the whole clothes thing was just me, glad to know I'm not the only one! I'm currently wearing a pair of shorts that are 3 sizes too big, I have to be careful they don't fall down lol

Yup, have the same thing. I unhook my bra the minute I am in the house. My pants are all elastic or a couple sizes too big.

I think that is part of the reason I stay in my PJ's so much.

I know my friend has fibromyalgia and she says any clothing that is tight on her skin causes her extreme pain.

I don't have pain really, just feel so confined and can't breathe with a bra on or anything tight around the tummy. :)

Dawn

I get the same feelings sometimes when my bra is on too tight. It's strange though. I get the same feeling of tightness/unable to breathe when there a lot of people in a small room, or the air is very humid. Something to do with the oxygen level in the room or air. I know what you mean though. Hmmmm...

I feel like the air is humid most of the time and I breathe warm air in and out, like there's little oxygen. Been getting it more and more. Very strange.

Sports bra's are a big can't do for me, they are too constrictive and really increase the feeling of not being able to breathe. I am glad to know I am not alone in this, it seems like the tight bra or pants effective a lot of us with POTS. Must just be another one of those symptoms then, huh?

The humidity does it to me too! I think it's because the air is so "heavy." It's horrible!

Sports bra's are a big can't do for me, they are too constrictive and really increase the feeling of not being able to breathe. I am glad to know I am not alone in this, it seems like the tight bra or pants effective a lot of us with POTS. Must just be another one of those symptoms then, huh?

The humidity does it to me too! I think it's because the air is so "heavy." It's horrible!

Which is crazy! I wonder why? It's funny I'm like a human barometer I can tell when it's going to rain!

pat -

the problem/ discomfort definitely can be related to gastroparesis (and accompanying bloating, distention, etc.) any issues i've ever had with clothing discomfort are related more specifically to GI issues.

:) melissa

I get the same feeling from clothing, as mentioned. I now wear clothing that I said I wouldn't be caught dead in!! Not that fashion was ever really important to me, but I always said I didn't want to dress like my grandmother. The sad thing is most of the older women I know can wear clothing with a lot more style than I can! It is all about comfort for me and Easy on and off--- and not for a fun reason, if you know what I mean! :) Sorry, need some humor somewhere. Elastic and stretch fabrics , flat comfy shoes, pockets, and layers- all necessary for me.

Thanks for your input Melissa,I always thought that particular problem was more related to GI problems.We just have so many overlapping symptoms.

Take care Pat