Very Dizzy Bp Normal?

Hi guys,

Lately I've been super dizzy but my BP is pretty good. Any reasons why this happens?? My lower extremites are tingley/on the verge of being numb....Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi

This is something that I have been trying to get an explanation for ...dizziness that cant be explained away by hypotension...

If you look up some of the research ,esp that coming out of Mayo, hypocapnea (low CO2) would seem to be the answer ...It would explain the tingling and numbness you experience . So far Ive not been able to find out how you correct this...going around breathing into a brown bag seems a little silly....

Hope this helps ,

Margaret

Hi.

For hypocapnea, check out the Buteyko method. It is a breathing technique developed to slightly increase CO2 retention which helps all kinds of problems.

I hope the dizziness goes away. I get it when my BB peaks, also when the smog is bad, also when the barometer is low.

OLL

OK

so I checked out the Butyeko method ..which I had never heard of.. on a superficial scan it would seem to suggest that shallow breathing with a pause after expiration would increase levels of CO2...as a PT I had already kind of worked that out for myself. However I do find trying to get any sort of voluntary control over my breathing very difficult ..I seem to get mild panic at any attempt....My one and only panic attack happened when I tried some slow deep breathing during an episode of SOB..so I am very wary of trying to alter my breathing pattern .

I also note the research done on this method does not seem to indicate an increase in CO2 levels in those taking part in the study ..

OLL.. do you have any personal experience with this method?

Any success with it anyone ?

Margaret

I am often very dizzy with normal BP. I think dizziness is just a symptom of POTS (as is the numbness). I'm not sure that there is more of an explanation right now. I do feel more dizziness when I have my period, if I am run down or if I am chaning my meds. But sometimes there is no rhyme or reason...just ol' POTS.