To You Mvpers

I know you dont necessarily have to have MVP in order to feel this, but I know there is some correlation specifically to people with MVP that jump back and forth between fatigue in general and then also a "wired" feeling ......

....I have been noticing lately while at work, I am able to run around like a fool (four hour shifts), feel tons of energy and then the second I get in my jeep to drive home, i CRRRRRAAAAAASSSSSSH hard. sometimes I just feel flat out fatigued and no energy at all...........but it drives me crazy to feel like someone is feeding me caffeine pills like crazy and then crashing so hard afterwards..........

it is interesting to me that I am able to feel any energy at all lately considering I havent been able to eat much with my gastroparesis/nausea problems, but I guess i'll take it!! it's also interesting that i'm not in a coma tose state with all the beta i'm on as well!!! must have some MAJOR catecholamines running around in the bloodstream!

anyone else feel wired then extremely tired afterwards, like someone pulled the plug on you??

Hello,

I dont have MVP but experience this too, like i will wake up and have tons of energy and then i will be like yay i can finally do stuff!! so i will and then i end up overdoing it and crash, i dont know if mine is the same thing, since yours isnt necissaraly from over doing it, but i guess it might be...not too sure.

But i know one thing no matter what its from it is very annoying to one minute have tons of energy and then the next your "dead".

Have a nice evening.

Mary

I get it but I dont know if I have MVP as no one has done any heart checks on me. I feel physically exhausted and awful but inside I feel wired and a massive urge to do things even though I'm too ill to do very much. Sometimes I can do alot (for me) others hardly anything but I can't stop myself. Then I can't sleep as I feel wired.

just as an added possibility....being "wired" (& then crashing) can also be part of undernutrition &/or rapid weight loss. the "wired" part seems a bit backward, but it's something that's been researched & is well known in regard to something that can happen if a body feels it's being "starved" so to speak. i had this happen to me a few years ago when i couldn't get enough caloric intake for several months running (before i had to resort to artificial nutrition).

:) melissa

That's the story of my life.. Up, Down, Up, Down, I feel like a yo yo.. Sometimes I have energy and I am ready to conquer the world and then there are times I just want to crawl into bed and sleep the whole day. I must say after a days work I am shot and can barely even make a meal. My husband does not understand why I come home so fatigued, and it kills me cause I want to be awake and alert but instead I just plop on the couch and relax. Oh well story of my life

I don't have MVP but I do get wild swings in my energy levels. Sometimes I feel almost unstoppable, as though I could achieve anything I tried. I find that I have to be really careful to let myself be active but not go crazy.

During "wired" episodes I have done things like climb 4 flights of stairs at work (the lifts are so slow) or swim 20 lengths of the swimming pool. Being silly like that usually leaves me completely wiped out for the next couple of days.

I try to spread out my energy by climbing just one flight of stairs or limiting myself to 6-8 lengths of the pool then relaxing.

I seemed to notice the energy swings after starting on Paroxetine (SSRI) for POTS last autumn. Initially I had about 2 weeks of feeling so hyperactive and as though I could achieve anything before the current cycle of run and flop started!

Flop