Eczema

Hello,

I have had eczema on my hands for a few weeks now, actually ever since right before my diagnosis. It hasn't gone away. On Wednesday, it came out in all it's glory on my face as well. I look horrid, and it itches sooooo much! Does POTS have a hand in this, or is this just something else that is going wrong with my body, does anyone know?

I went to my PCP and she put me on a steroid for it. I started taking it this morning. I hope it starts working soon. :( I (normally) have a very fair complexion, so it's REALLY obvious that something is wrong with my face.

I can't take Benadryl or anything like that because I already take Zyrtec for allergies. I bought some Aveeno stuff, but I think it is actually making the itching and redness worse.

If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it!

Angela

Maybe not. A patient can have as many diseases as he darn well pleases.

Are you sure it isn't poison ivy? 'Tis the season for it. If it's poison ivy, you might get some relief from Tecnu, an over-the-counter two-part product. Don't use that unless you're sure it's poison ivy, though. It might make eczema worse.

I have developed exema on my face and chest since I started taking midodrine alittle over a year ago. I think it has something to do with the amount of flushing I have. The exema goes away with my Ivig treatments for about two weeks.

I have found that the Aveno face lotion for dry skin works well.

Good luck.

Rhonda.

ive had eczema since i was about 13 yrs old.. and waht i have found that works well for it.. to keep it at bay as well when its flared.. its the medrol (i think thats waht its called) pack... and also ive found that aveeno bar soap.. use it when you shower.. i like the moisturizing kind.. that helps along with the lotion will help as well..

also ive found that OLAY QUENCH lotion of all things helps as well...also benadryl cream is helpful..

and if all else fails.. and your itchy as all get out and can handle taking baths.. take an oatmeal bath.. aveeno also has bath stuff... the aveeno is a bit pricy.. the bar soap runs about 2s omething per bar.. and the lotions both olay and aveeno run about 5-6-7 bucks... uh they make purse size bottles as well.. and thos are about 2 dollars and some change..

i hope that you are itchy free soon