Job Interview On Monday

flop

Hi,

could everyone please keep their fingers crossed for me on Monday? I work full time at the moment but in my career in the UK we are on fairly short contracts. My contract runs out in July so am looking for a post to start then. I have a job interview/assessment on Monday. I have already passed a written entrance exam for this job and now have been shortlisted to attend for further assessments. It will include written work, role-plays with actors being videotaped (cringe) and group tasks to assess my communication, management and team working skills.

I did tick the box to say that I was disabled and that I had a chronic health condition but other than that no-one there will know about my POTS. At least we will be sitting down for all of the assessments, I just hope that there will be chairs in the waiting areas. The competition is going to be really tough as there are still 6 applicants for every post at this 3rd stage of the application.

It's all going on from 1-4pm UK time so if anyone is up please spare me a thought.

At least I have my surgery on Tuesday to keep my thoughts occupied with.

Flop

Guest tearose

flop, good luck with the job interview. That is an unusual way to fill the job force. Are all jobs in your field contractual for a short time? Is is like you are a consultant?

Okay, fingers crossed early on Monday morning and meditations and prayers on Tuesday! B)

What about some cyber chocolates on Wednesday!

Take care as you prepare for a busy few days.

tearose

My job is a post-graduate training post so we are on short term (1-2 year) contracts to gain experience of different fields of work and work up the career ladder gaining experience and qualifications on the way. If I get this job on Monday (won't find out for a month!) it should be my last training post before I can apply for a permanent job and settle down (hopefully part-time).

Flop

Having a bit of a panic as I have just realised that there is a good reason that I don't often wear skirts - they look silly with knee length compression socks. I have only recently been prescribed compression stockings and the clinic are insisting that I wear knee-length ones to start with and work up gradually???

The suit I have is charcoal grey with a skirt that is just below my knees. The shop didn't have trousers in my size and the ones I ordered haven't arrived yet. I would look really silly with black compression socks and my knees showing when I sit down! I've bought some "firm support" tights but they are only factor 10 so will do nothing for my BP - argh!!

Oh well, fingers crossed I don't black-out!

Flop

Guest tearose

Yes! Add the girdle and use two pair of the 10m hose, put one on over the other. You will do fine! Just start drinking water and watch your sodium intake. Get some rest.

All possible fingers and toes will be crossed!

tearose

Hi everyone,

you can relax your fingers now - I'm home again after my interview session. I think it went reasonably well but the competition is high for these training posts so I shall have to wait and see. The results were due to be out on the 19th April but problems nationally mean that they will be delayed so have a long wait in store. At least I have my op tomorrow to take my mind off the waiting.

Good luck to Rita and anyone else with interviews coming up, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Flop