Waking Up With Racing Heart And Tight Band Feeling Around Upper Abdomin

nikigrl8883

im worried although this has happened at like 4 times times before in the past since ive gotten sick,,,,,,last night i was having a very bad dream and i woke up with my heart races again but i also felt a tight band type feeling around my upper ab like under my breasts....as my heart slowed down the feeling subsided....i know that band feeling is a common symptom in MS....i have had a brain mri and it didnt show any signs of ms but i didnt have a spinal mri ever....has anyone else ever felt this with pots

anxiety can cause a restricted feeling in the upper abdomen/chest and since you were having a nightmare with associated tachycardia/palps, the tight feeling was probably anxiety related from the nightmare you were having...

hope you're doing better..

Niki, I have been complaining about this feeling,for as long as I have had POTS. It feels like a band around my abdomen , not my chest. It feels like pants that are to tight. Is that how you feel?

P

well i woke again last night with a racing heart any time i have a bad dream at all it happens.....i didint get the band feeling right away this morning it occured awile after the heart racing thing....does anyone else get this when there heart isnt racing at the time?

and to answer your question yes it feels like pants too tight exactly to a T butits not that low its ont he upper ab