Neurocardiogenic Syncope

smiles

Have recently read that twitching, spasms or convulsive activity can happen as a result of an autonomic flare up when you have ncs. i do. anyone else? if so how do you stop them? any suggestions? have had 3 EEGs and all appeared fine even when I convulsed on the table. It usually begins in my face. As my condition worsens so do the convulsions.

Yes, I get twitching in my arms, sometimes my whole body convulses. It used to happen a lot... Few years later... Now, it only really happens if I faint while I'm sick and just completely phsycially exhausted. Like, the "whoops, stood up a bit too fast" faints on good days don't have the accompanying convulsions. I don't know what these are; my EEG was also normal. I think it's just sensitive nerves.

I convulse too- in the UK this is known as an anoxic seizure and is said to be caused by either the heart stopping or a drop in blood pressure that compromises circulation and stops your brain getting enough oxygen. It is always reversible.

Check out www.stars.org.uk where they explain in more detail about it. Don't worry! You're not alone :o