New To This

Rose

;) I just got dignosed this month, after about 4 months of doc's telling me all kinds of stuff I might

have. I'm relieved to finally know, but I own a salon and can hardly go to work. My clients are getting mad and my staff is starting to get frustrated with not having a boss. Things are getting alittle better, I can at least stand up without getting dizzy, But going places without getting episodes is almost impossible. Any Hints?

I think it's pretty challenging finding things that help. Things that can help others may not help you. What is your DX? There are so many informative sites out there that can help. For some diet can help, others can be the meds they take. Is your Dr familiar with what your dx with? They might try certain things to help improve everyday living?

I hope I was at least a little helpful....I'm not a doc though so I can't advise you. ;)

Guest tearose

read and try different things.

Have you tried compression? Sitting more? Hydration? meds?

What are your worst symptoms and how do you manage them?

...welcome to the family...

best regards, tearose

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I'm on Florinef, Paraoxetine, and Clonazepam, I have Hypotension, my blood pressure when standing is usually 70/62 , they have me wearing compression leggings and drinking water all the time. Stress is difficult. I just got married 6 months ago, and this condition ruined my wedding because I had to leave the reception and passed out 6 times during the ceremony. I wish people would understand how hard this condition is to have. I've been going to a great doc at Rochester Mayo, when I saw him 4 weeks ago I was in really bad shape and he said I was lucky to have gotten there when I did. My husband is wonderful but when people hear its the nervous system they think I had a nervous break down, That makes it even worse when people just assume and don't ask about it. Christmas is going to be really hard, anybody else worried?

Hi Rose,

I'm so sorry to hear about how your illness ruined your wedding. :( It is certainly difficult to get used to these limitations. I fought hard to try to work in spite of my condition and ended up making things worse. I read something on a chronic fatigue website once that has really helped me... it said not to live outside of your "energy envelope." I took that to mean: only push yourself as far as your body allows at any given time--no farther. If you give your body the rest, proper food, liquids and respect it needs, it has the best chance of healing.

Obviously experimenting with meds and other remedies is an important factor, but I found out the hard way that doing "all the right things" medically is no insurance against getting sicker. Stress is a huge factor that needs to be taken into consideration. A lot of times we may feel guilty if we don't push harder and farther, but ultimately, that can make things a whole lot worse for our health.

It is also hard when people don't understand what you have. Take a look at www.dinet.org and maybe you can order some brochures that can help educate those who don't understand your illness.

Glad that you found this site...this is a great place to find support!

Kristen