Flushing Attacks

Jacquie802

Does anyone else suffer from what I call "flushing attacks?" They can come on randomly or like right now, happened after I carried in some groceries. My endo is still trying to find a cause but I'm wondering if it could be POTS related. We know that my histamine levels are elevated, but other than that I need to do the urine testing to find out the rest.

I can wake up flushed/sweating and other times it just comes on.....

Any info is greatly appreciated! :(

Jacquie

I have had episodes during which my body becomes extremely red and flushed, but it is always accompanied by tachycardia and a choking sensation. It's very odd, because I don't feel nervous, though all the symptoms seem like a panic attack. But they clearly are not panic attacks because of the flushing.

I haven't had any explanation for them, and I find that I get them more often (but even then, maybe every few months) after I eat a large meal or something sugary. So I avoid doing both of those things.

Amy

I get them too. At Vandy, I asked what they were and my doctor said "they're 'flusing attacks'", sooooo helpful :( . Anyways, I get them every once in awhile although I used to get them more often. Now when I do get them it's always after some knind of stress, like if I get up too quickly or carry something "heavy" (which is anything over 10lbs for me).

Good luck figuring out what they are! If you do ever find out, let us know.

• 3 weeks later...

I get hot flashes frequently and sometimes they're accompanied by burning in my torso. Bending down, getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, lifting or standing too long all can bring them on. Seeing as I have yet to find a Dr. who can treat me, I have no answers about this. I'm seeing someone new tomorrow and hope he can help (Dr. Shields' Fellow at Cleveland Clinic-it was the best appt. I could get before Dec.) Wish me luck! If I get any info. I'll pass it on.

RobinBZ

I notice that, since my latest flare, I will be presenting in frount of a client, My tachy gets crazy, I can hardly speak because I am out of breath, and My chest is bright red. I have done these meeting for years on don't feel anxious. I think when my body demands more adrenaline to keep me going it tends to happen. I have to go home and pass out on the couch for two hours every time it happens.

It is a little crazy.

Rhonda