Update On Ssdi Decision, For Those Who Still Remember Me

Be Still

While I'm not on this site much anymore, some of you asked me to keep you updated on my SSDI decision after my appeal in May. Recall, that we were backdating, which may have affected the results.

The decision is: No.

SSA does consider me disabled now, so I could get SSI (Supplemental Security Income) if I qualified financially (I believe you have to have next to no assets or spousal income). I was told that last year, before the appeal, so I don't know why went we went through this very stressful year leading up to the hearing.

In addition, SSA gave a different eligibility date in their denial letter, one that I don't qualify for, which is different from all the other information we had been using for the hearing. I'm waiting for a response from my lawyer, but don't think anything will change. I just have to choke down that the answer is "no".

Being kept on the edge for nearly four years, takes its toll. This decision has left me depressed . . .

Other news:

My son got dx'd with POTS by Dr. G in August. It's fairly mild and Dr. G expects it to resolve in a few years.

I went on a gluten-free diet and got a significant amount of energy back, up to level 4 or 5 (from 2-3).

Best wishes to all of you.

Welcome back Be Still!

I have missed you! :)

I'm sorry about the outcome with Ssdi. But glad your son has been dx.

I wish you and your family the best.....you have been in my thoughts. :):D:(

Amber

Sorry to hear about SSDI. I understand what you are going thought. I been then. When I was turned down I was very upset! I am still waiting for mu appeal but I am thinking I am going to lost that too. ( or at least not going to hold my breath for that)

I wish you the best~

Hello, BeStill,

I am so sorry to hear about the way this turned out!! B):lol: Of course I still remember you. I wish there was something that could be said to make it better, perhaps the only thing is that you're not alone.

I wish you strength and peace, and happier, brighter days ahead. I am glad to hear the gluten-free diet is working and that your son saw dr g!

Take care,

(HUGS)

Lulu

Sorry for this. There isn't an income level to receive SSI. My husband makes a good living, but my SS goes toward co-pays . Check your dates, actually there was confusion by the judge during my hearing and I spoke up and said thats my error your honor. The other date is good. I think that the fact that I spoke up helped the spped of approval--2weeks!!!!! Good Luck Miriam B)