Pots Blowup

Lulu

hey y'all,

after being "relatively" well controlled by meds for a little over a year (i.e., BP 110's/70's & HR in upper 50's/low 60's) i even actually began exercising again recently w/o problems....

However, since friday or so, my BP has been skyrocketing even with laying down & HR is tachy with sitting or standing. [um, i need a "POTS" emoticon, here.] i feel like i'm shaking on the inside, like butterflies are trapped in me, and i'm passing out right and left. and anxiety?? omigosh, i keep thinking i'm having a heart attack from the chest pain. :o dizziness, all the symptoms. this hasn't happened since before i was dx'd and got on meds--years and years ago!! :(

i have the hyperadrenergic type of POTS so i have HIGH blood pressure, generally speaking (or did, until the meds). i'm on an incredible amount of heart meds and have been for years... (i'm maxxed out on almost everything now) which i've been OK with, especially since they seemed to be working so well. or so i thought. i don't know how it's *possible* for my BP to be as high as it is now with all the meds i'm on!

i've had some stressors recently (sickness, insomnia) & i know that these are *definitely* having affecting me....but my question is do you think this is this most likely a phase, a response to situational stressors? (i know you all aren't docs, just wondering about your experiences....) what can i do to help this process along, if anything? i'm calling dr. grubb's office today, btw. <cross fingers to get return call>

how unusual is it for someone to go from relatively NO symptoms (or very well controlled) to full-blown in less than a day? is this a typical POTS hole for us? POTS is NOT progressive, generally speaking, right? gosh, you'd think i haven't had this dx for years, but it's been awhile since i felt THIS bad! lol i'm feeling frustrated, scared and clueless. ;) & crappy from pots and ncs. & generally crazy, as usual. :wacko: thanks for listening. i appreciate any ideas at all!! i'm freaking out, school starts in less than 2 weeks and i can't even stand! yikes! :o:o:blink:

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your flare up. It is quite possible it is a flare up. You have been doing well, probably pushing yourself more than usual, you mention sickness, insomnia plus the upcoming of school start, well that could be enough for anyone to flare up. Your body may just be getting over being sick, still dealing with the insomnia and upcoming changes, very delicate balance. Some of us just get thrown right up into a flare, with no forewarning while others may feel it come on gradually.

Maybe a little extra tlc, extra fluids, maybe by tweaking your meds, of course with your Dr. ok., you will get back on track with enough time to get back to school mode.

Hope you hear back from the Dr. soon and feel better soon. ;)

Hey Lulu!

I would think it has alot to do with being sick, stressing about the start of school. You just recently hurt yourself too. Then the insomnia on top of it all. I would be amazed if you didn't feel a little POTSy.

I hope the doc calls you back! Keep us updated.

Take it easy...(((HUGS)))

Amber

i am not sure what to tell you. my own experience is that POTS is just a roller coaster we all somehow unknowingly boarded- for me during the night. ups and downs with no way to get off. i hope it all gets better for you soon and that you are able to be fully functionally at school. good luck to you.

dionna :)

Lulu,

I'm sorry you've been having a flare-up lately. Hopefully you're just fighting a bug of some kind and you'll be back to "normal" asap. :) Still, I know how scary and discouraging any setback can be...I always worry that I"ll never recover, but I always do, even if it takes longer than I'd like. You'll be in my thoughts.

Hugs,

Lauren

Hi I am to having a flare up after about 4 1/2 years. It started about two and a half weeks ago..It started with the high bp and heart rate....So I went to the emergency room. I was put on lopressure..it helped keep them both under control...But it made me feel depressed... I then got done with prescription... I am going back to my POTS doc. A few days after the flare up began I was ok for a few days..then back to CRAP AGAIN..tODAY i WAS feeling better.Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I get flushed and hot feeling within..and weak like jelly legs.... I hate it..when I do anything I get a high heart rate..but I guess flare ups are normal..... I pray at night it will go away....

B)