Stretch Marks & Have 0 Kids??

cardiactec

do any of you have stretch marks like on your lower back or thighs?? i am by NO MEANS overweight, if anything i need to gain like 20 pounds (i am 5'8' and weigh 126) but i have these zebra strip marks across my lower back and on the sides of my thighs. i have never had children either.

what is up with that?!?! i shouldnt have this at 24 years old!

is this part of EDS or something? one doc told me it was just from losing and gaining weight too quickly, but i havent really gained or lost more than like a total of 8 pounds in a quicky time frame??

Plenty of folks have stretch marks and no kids... sometimes it's just a side effect of rapid growth, especially during puberty. That being said, I have HEDS and have loads of stretch marks on my chest and thighs--more than average. If you think you may have EDS, chat with your doctor, and possibly head over to the EDNF website for info.

Nina

Stretch marks are one of the things our geneticist looked for when diagnosing our EDS, myself and my kids have stretch marks, the ones that seemed to be more of an issue were the horizontal ones on our lower back, we were told that this is a sign of faulty connective tissue.

Guest malosp
do any of you have stretch marks like on your lower back or thighs?? i am by NO MEANS overweight, if anything i need to gain like 20 pounds (i am 5'8' and weigh 126) but i have these zebra strip marks across my lower back and on the sides of my thighs. i have never had children either.

what is up with that?!?! i shouldnt have this at 24 years old!

is this part of EDS or something? one doc told me it was just from losing and gaining weight too quickly, but i havent really gained or lost more than like a total of 8 pounds in a quicky time frame??

Cardiactec...

Ithomas is correct, stretch marks can often happen with bartonella which is a co-infection of lyme.

You can compare your stretch marks with pictures of bartonella stretch marks on the internet.

Just get on lymenet forum and click on newbie links ....scroll down....until you find the topic lyme rash pictures. There are pictures of the bartonella rash there somewhere.

I don't know if you have lyme but you should at least check it out.

I know teenagers who have stretch marks. It seems pretty common and highly genetic. Ask your elder family members and I'd be willing to bet that some of them had them early, too.

Amy