Dr. Grubb Assistant

Has any one ever had an appointment with Dr Grubb's assistance - I think her name is Bev or Beth. If so do you thinks she is has good as Dr Grubb - I would think that she would be able to confer with him. Does any one know how long does it take to get an appt with assistant? Going to Interest on Tuesday may ask for a referrral.

Kel

I wouldn't say she is as good but she wil be able to help you she is pretty uptodate on Dys. and POTS so if oy haven't seen anyone for it it would be worth it probrably. SHe will explain things and get probrably get oyu started on something according to what you are daignosed with. And I am not sure about the timeframe if it is your first visit it might take a little bit longer to get into her.

But worth it..Good luck!

Bee

she does indeed have more knowledge then most medical doctors on dysautonomia.. and she will try to help you with what she has available to help you with.. a new patient appointment of anykind may take a bit of wait time to get into..

good luck to you

Hi,

I have been a patient of Dr. Grubbs for a few years. Beverly, is a nurse practitioner who has worked with Dr. Grubb for approximately a year. Before that she worked in the diabetic department. Although, I find Beverly pleasant and informed, we all have to realize that she is not Dr. Grubb. Beverly is used to lighten Dr. Grubbs work load. If you have not seen Grubb before, than you should certainly make an appointment with him. Dr. Grubb uses Beverly to handle many of his follow up appointments.

We all need to be aware, no matter how nice Beverly is, there is a world of difference in the education of Dr. Grubb, who is a brilliant and caring cardiologist/electrophysiologist, and Beverly who is a pleasant and educated nurse practitioner.

Also, be aware that if you have any thoughts of seeing Dr. Grubb, that you should call now. He is always booked 6+ months in advance.

Good luck.

yes, the wait is long. i had my wife's pcp make an appt. this past friday. the 1st available w/dr.g is mar '07. we took it. my wife has been suffering w/pots/ncs for 3.5 years and hemiplegic migraines for at least 1 year. i have taken it upon myself to schedule w/a local geneticist, dr. khurana in baltimore in october and the cleveland clinic in late october. also, waiting to send records to dr. low/sandroni. it seems to me that if you want answers, you need to be willing to go anywhere, anytime.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Bev is great! We all know that she's not Dr. Grubb, but she does have a direct line to him :ph34r: . Dr. Grubb wouldn't have hired her if he didn't think she was qualified and part of being qualified is to recognize what you don't know and then to know where to go to find the answers. So if it's between seeing Bev now and Dr. Grubb months from now, I would see Bev now.

Bren