Feet Swelling

Hi..

I was wondering i looked under the symptoms section to see if swelling in the feet was a nromal thing with pots..

for awhile now my feet are swelling up considerably.. like yesterday.. my feet were swollen some.. and they where nice and purple (propped up).. and I was really in need of IV fluids.. I got 1500cc of lfuid ran thur me..

and low and behold!! the swelling went away.. and my feet turned a normal healthy white color.. as did the rest of my body (lips had color!)..

I was just wondering if any of you get sweeling in your legs/feet.. and if it goes away "after" IV fluids???

Kind of weird...

Hi,

I noticed that the only swelling I got was when I was on Florinef..The docs ended up decreasing my dose due to it, and then I had to get off of the Florinef completely due to the bad headaches I was getting.

Jacquie

If your blood tends to pool, then I'd say it's normal. If not, then maybe not.

This happens to me, too, on a regular basis. I force the liquids -- water, more than anything else -- and that helps. Water is its own natural diuretic, as odd as that seems. I have poor circulation, it seems, and always have had the swelling and purple, angry veins, spider veins, and some leg pain, but I think it has been compounded by some of the medications (I had to stop with the fluodrocortisone or Florinef for that reason), and the fact I am supposed to use salt -- liberally -- according to my cardiologist.

Stay off your feet when you can, drink plenty of water, and wear comfortable, sensible shoes. The heat this time of the year also adds to the problem. You may notice this also affects your hands and fingers?

It is awfully uncomfortable, especially in the hot summer months.

I also had swelling when I was on Florinef. I would probably check with your cardiologist though to be on the safe side.