Midodrine Dosing

jenwic

yes, it's typically every 4 hours, with the final daily dose at least 4 hours prior to bed in order to avoid supine hypertension (high bp while lying down).

Nina

The general rule is every 4 hours when you know that you are going to be upright or at least not lying down. In the morning, at least for me since that is the worse time, I could take it every 3 hours. Moreover, you can also increasing the dosing, adjusting it according to your needs..for example, 12.5 mg in am; 10 mg for the other doses. Does this make any sense?

Lois, thanks for mentioning the shifting dosing. My doc had me get 2.5mg and 5mg tablets--and my base was usually 7.5 mg, but I could go as high as 12.5, with my lowest usually being 5mg. Usually around my period, I needed to bump up the dose quite a bit and needed Teri to bring me my first dose and then I'd have to wait about a half hour before trying to get out of bed.

Nina

i take it every 4.5 hours (along with my mestinon & inderal) which seems to work to keep the meds fairly constant in my system. i have a MAJORLY slow GI tract though so while it used to take 25-30 minutes for it to kick in for me it now takes at least 2 hours.

i too have been given lattitude with doses over the years...i now take 10mg consistently but can always add some if i know my BP is particularly low.

it may take some trial and error to figure out the dose & the timing that works for you. and it very well may change over time.

good luck,

:) melissa