Another Ssdi Denial

So I got the official SSDI denial today. I went straight to a lawyer. The letter basically said I was denied due to my age and that I could find some other work (riiight, I was a bank teller). My lawyer said that I have a really good chance after he had looked over some of my medical records. He said the hardest part is living the next few months w/o an income..

Anyhow, just thought I would share with you guys the news... :angry:

Guest tearose

:angry: I am so sorry.

It never ceases to amaze me that the folks who need the help have to practically be dead before getting help!

Who wouldn't want to be "out living life"? You tried and you have a physical disability that makes work not possible. Maybe the next steps will go better for you. I hope so.

hang in there.

tearose

Sounds like you're on the right track, you're doing a good job. That was a great response from the lawyer. (I assume he discouraged you from trying to find work?) I hope you find a way opening up before you on how to manage with no income. Sorry you have this challenge.

Thanks for all the good thoughts... :angry: You may not realize it but those are what keep me going...

It's seems that most people get denied at least once before getting approved--let's hope once is all, and you're on your way to getting the help you need.

Nina