Future Dinet Services

Hi everyone,

There has been a lot of talk on the forum about new DINET services. I felt I should post about this because I don't want you guys to get the wrong impression and think we have some of these extra services in the works. I wish I could say we've come into a large amount of money and are able to even consider some of the extra programs discussed, but that just isn't so. We're currently operating on very little funds. However, when/if the day comes that we can consider adding more programs I will be the first to let you know.

Thanks for your understanding.

Michelle

I think my post was very clear about the fact that I was asking what types of services people would be interested in so that I could both research things to gather the data so that grant funding could possibly be secured. It was also clear about the fact that I had lots of ideas but in order to narrow them down I was trying to find out what the biggest needs of our members was so that any future projects or goals could hopefully be worked toward that.

My post stated that without clear plans, proposed budgets etc you can't even think about fund raising or writing grants.

If you guys don't want me to pursue any of that then let me know. I certainly don't want to waste my energy. I was only trying to help.

Pooh I thought your post was very clear that you were just researching. It is very true that you must have lots of info in order to begin any sort of grant writing. I think it's great that you're thinking of doing this. There must be many places out there who would support us with grants if only we had someone to go through the effrot to find them and write out the grant requests.

I'm sure Michelle just wanted to make all that clear to someone who hadn't read the whole post. I'm putting words in her mouth, but that's what I'm guessing.

~Roselover

Roselover is correct--there's no problem with creating a wish list. I know Michelle is just saying that we're not currently in a financial or practical way to implement things on the wish list. For example, I was thinking to myself that the medical info/advocacy with ANS saavy docs on-hand would be a big enough task for one to create their own not-for-profit agency just for that purpose.

Nina

Hey Poohbear,

I thought your questions about services provided online were VERY good but didn't expect DINET to provide them!

Great balls of fire! That would be expensive and this place provides a good outlet and info for people how it is...and ideas...with the bracelets, brochures, etc..and the T Shirt idea.

I figured you were just feeling people out for ideas of how to maybe help get things done down the road or in a different avenue...Nightline show, or episode on Oprah!

I hope George Clooney is part of any home care deal...:D He better be!

Ha! After all, were are just extrapolating, right?

:blink: