Autonomic Reflex Lab At Oh State Med. Cntr.

jenwic

I am still trying to find a place closer to me that could test for POTS. I ran across the autonomic reflex lab at the dept. of neurology at the Ohio state university medical center. I am considering trying to get an appt. there. Don't know if I need a referral or not. On their web site it list as indications for autonomic reflex testing: POTS, orthostatic tachycardia, irritable heart, syncope, orthostatic and postprandial hypotension, among many other things.

Have any of you heard of this place? Is it any good. It would be much closer for me than Cleveland.

hi jen -

i have no personal experience with testing or docs at OSU but i would recommend calling b/c i do know that the information on their website is VERY outdated. the testing info may not be but some other things definitely are.

last year when i was deciding between grad schools/locales for my move from maryland back to the midwest i called about the rehab program discussed on the OSU site specifically for dysautonomia as it impressed & intrigued me. when i called however no one knew what i was talking about and after getting transferred around someone (who did know about it) informed me that it had been discontinued when the person running it left several years back.

like i said, this very well may have no bearing on other things listed on the site...but just call to make sure.

i don't recall hearing of anyone being tested or seeing autonomic docs at OSU but i could certainly be wrong about that....i do know we have several columbus-area members so hopefully they'll have info to give you.

good luck,

:unsure: melissa

I emailed this place YEARS ago...got a great brochure and then I THOUGHT Vera Novak emailed me she was leaving..but this was like, 7 YEARS ago..unless she went back.

I wonder if any pages on their site have DATES.

She told me they were supposed to get a new lab and then it never went through...so for now, I am confused?

I went to Dr. G because she had told me at the time, around 2001, that she was no longer doing tilts there unless I am confusing her with somebody else.

Always a possiblity...