Antibiotics--do They Make You Feel Worse?

dizzygirl

hi folks

I started an antibiotic last week for an upper respitory infection.. well initialy I started to feel better on the antibiotics.. and this past weekend I started to feel bad again.. loosing my voice-- my ear hurts like a son of a gun.. and I thought Ok.. I'll give it a few days.. and see if the antibiotics kick in a bit better..

Well yesterday and today.. I'm straight up miserable.. this afternnon my ear started hurting majorly.. and they glands and stuff behind my ear are swelling up.. and the pain an d sweeling is traveling down my neck... and up into my head.. and is causing a really bad headach.. the pain ans weeling behind my ear is bad to the point that i can not turn my head to the right.. and I'm now running a fever of about 101.5... mind you my temp normally runs about 95.6... and my chest had started to feel better.. and now it feels worse then it felt when i went to the doc on thrusday.. BIG TIME OUCHIES! holy cr#p it feels like there are 100 tons of concrete sitting on my chest and on my back...

and this infection virus waht the heck it is is causing me to feel really bad potsy wise.. I'm starting to get tachycardia... and my vision and dizziness is getting worse then usual.. I have the chills that are unreal.. I'm so cold.. and my body ahces!!!!!!

I've taken tylenol in hopes tht it will help my fever and some of the ody aches and stuff i've got going on..

but do any of you actually feel worse with antibiotics? maybe I need to try a stronger antibiotic?? though this is one of the few antibiotics that works well for me.. so I dont know what else we could try..

sorry for the sissy moment.. but man I feel horrible!

Hey there,

Right now I am on Keflex for a UTI and I have felt miserable. I used to feel fine while taking antibiotics, but it seems like almost all of them make me go to the bathroom :) and feel nauseous.....I have been having alot of tachycardia lately as well.

I'm taking Ceftin which normally works well for me.. i took it in January when i had streph throat and last year.. i took it in combo wit h stuff when I had walking pneumonia...

I'm going to call my pcp i think in the morning if i still feel this wya..

my brain actually feels like it is jiggling around in my head.. along with the headach.. adnif i move or anyhting.. lovely feeling i tell ya--not

You sound like you need to get to the doctor pronto. Doesn't seem to me like it's working. I always do good on Biaxin, I get frequent sinus infections and to tell the truth I always feel good on it. That's a whole other story. Though I cannot take z-pak, which is in the same family of drugs. You do have to make sure you have a lot of food in your stomach for the first dose or you will feel nauseous, but otherwise it makes my xanax work better and I always feel almost normal on it. well almost. I cannot tolerate many antibiotics.This has been an issue I have been dealing with for years with different doctors. So we'll see how it goes with my new best doc. Lately I have been having all kinds of eye problems, pink eye in February and now itchy eyes, the doc took a sample of my eye secretion and switched to an antibiotic drop from the allergie drops i just paid 35$ for last week! Do eye problems signify some other disease? Please go to your doc before you end up on iv antibiotics, you sound like you need to go now!