DVD Players

luckygoat3

Okay i have this little problem, i seem to kill my dvd players. honestly, i have no clue what i do to them but it's driving me nuts. the first one got hit by lightening (totally not my fault there), the second one wouldn't give me back my DVD ----and the third well it won't play the DVD. My mom bought these at walmart ---the cheaper ones as usually they work rather well. Since we have another one that works perfectly that i stole from downstairs for tonight. I know i watch a lot of DVD's up in my room but can one kill them by overuse?

anyways my little vent for tonight...

susie

try turning DVD player off (the one that wont open) and then turn it on. as soon as you see "loading", try to open it . try it a few times.

with the other I'm not sure, mine only did that to one DVD, but played the others.

have you cleaned them?

they have DVD's you put in that clean them ( just like VCR ) I haven't had to clean mine yet but have seen them at Wal-mart.

My color went out on the DVD player, so I'm finding new problems all the time. Hope you can get yours working.

Ha! You should see the one my husband brought home from a pawn shop. It is dark, it is light, it is dark, it is light. It is like the whole movie is shot at night time, with a few glimpses of day. My husband thought he was getting such a great deal....but you get what you pay for. :)

Michelle

I don't need to buy things at a pawn shop for them to be broken.

My two year old son wants to know how everything works.

If it wasn't broken before he touched it, it will be.

Also some cheap DVD players are notorious to have the lip synch messed up. My room mate got a player and it was like watching a japanese dubbed movie..the mouths moved at the wrong time.

He sent it in for a free repair but it has started doing it again...sometimes worse than others!?!?

I would not get the CHEAPEST but you don't have to get the highest price ones either. Middle ground and do you online homework to check out reputable brands or check consumer guys websites...most all news stations have them and you can check archives.

Good luck.