HELP SPREAD THE WORD

Hi everyone!

Our educational brochure campaign was a big hit! We received numerous requests and sent out thousands of brochures. We just recently had a request from the Mayo Clinic for brochures, but we are unable to fill it because we've run out and currently don't have the funds to print more. We'd like to continue to educate people about dysautonomia with these brochures, but we need your help to continue this campaign. If any of you can donate funds to help with this project, we would be extremely grateful. Checks can be sent to:

DINET

PO Box 55

Brooklyn, MI 49230

Donations can also be made by credit card, debit card or online check at: http://www.dinet.org/how_you_can_help.htm

We are also in need of a volunteer who can mail brochures to recipients. Please contact me (staff@dinet.org) if you can help.

Thanks for all your help!

Michelle

After the way those brochures helped me with the paramedics and the ER last weekend, I can't imagine not donating!

I'd like to make a contribution in the name of my friend's father (Mr. Dodd) who recently passed away. He was a very giving man, and so I'd like to dedicate my gift in his memory. I wasn't able to put his name with my online donation, so I'm making the dedication here! ;)

Thanks again, Michelle. Those brochures are so helpful and well-done.

Kristen

Thanks, Kristen! I will make a note that your donation is in honor of Mr. Dodd and print it as such in our newsletter at the year's end.

To those of you who volunteered to mail brochures, I've received your emails and will be in touch soon.

Thanks so much!

Michelle

Thank you to the 4 people who donated toward this project. :) We now have a total of $250. for brochures. We still need to raise another $250. to get 2500 brochures printed (provided we can get them printed at cost again) and approximately $425. to cover postage. If anyone else can help us raise the remaining $675. we would be extremely grateful. :ph34r: Also, if anyone has access to at-cost printing and can help us out, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Michelle

I have a Friend who said she will try and do as many as she can for free. If you could email me the info. she will need that would be great.

Thanks, Amber

aquabutterfly@msn.com

Hi Michelle,

I can also do some mailing. I actually have a friend who has a printing shop and if you mail a brochere to me I can have her print off a bunch and then personally deliver them to the Mayo clinic. I live by the Mayo clinic in Roch. MN. Well 45 min away. Let me know how I can help. I also will send a donation. It will be from The Snowflake Foundation for service & therapy dogs.

Thanks so much for all you do!! Its a lot of work and I am grateful for your dedication.

Brenda Richardson

My husband asked about making electronic brochures available from DINET...... downloadable ones on demand for those who want them.....linking it to the site via pdf file to preserve formatting.

There may be an audience for that. I know I would print my own if it was available that way and then spread the word from my little section of grass roots. :) Maybe other members would, too? Save on printing costs, big time.

Just another idea into the fray.

Hi everyone,

Lulu, we've decided to have the brochures professionally printed to retain their quality. I've printed them out from home and they don't look anywhere near as professional as they do from a print shop. The more professional they look, the more serious people take the information inside of them, and it is important to us that people learning about dysautonomia take it seriously.

We are in the process of trying to coordinate efforts to get these brochures printed. Amber is checking with her friend to see how many brochures she might be able to print. Brenda is checking with her friend to get printing prices. We have a few people who have volunteered to mail brochures out once we get them printed. (Thank you to those who offered to help. I will be in touch once we get this coordinated). We've had a total of 5 donations toward this project, and we now have $325. At this point nothing definitive has been arranged, and as of now we still need to raise 350 more dollars.

A neurologist from Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL is now working with us, and she wants to give our brochures to doctors in training as they come through Mayo. We've also received a large request for brochures from Mayo in Rochester, MN. If you guys want to help educate doctors so that others with dysautonomia don't have to go through being undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, now is your chance.

Please help if you can.

Michelle

Hey, guys, I WORK at Mayo! I would be happy to do what I can. I would be more than happy to deliver them to Dr. Low's office here at Mayo as I am here every day during the week. No sense in having someone drive 45 miles to deliver them. Mail them to me and I can deliver to Mayo in Rochester. I am wondering, too, if we should ask Mayo to make the brochure a Mayo brochure? Take the same information and just put it in the Mayo standards? I used to work in the publishing area and would be happy to make some contact there if you think that would be a good idea to proceed with. Just let me know... I won't do anything until I hear from someone "official." :lol:

I'm off to my first meeting of the day, so please let me know if I can help.

Hi all,

Michelle, yes my e-mail is the same. I bet the brochure is to large to send vi e-mail. maybe sending it to my home address, I personally e-mailed that to you. No charge for the brochures I will pay for them its my donation!

Rachelle I appreciate your offer to help and maybe I could contact you when the printing is done and if I need help I would definately ask for it. I want to do this as my donation to dinet. Its my gift. I appreciate the offer of you helping to, but would be sad if I could not complete this for a donation. I do not mind the 45 min drive. we own a cleaning company in Rochester and I am at our office a lot on my good days and also my hubby is there and very helpful. Thanks for offering to help you are very sweet. I guess I will leave it all up to Michelle as what she would like to do. Being you are so close it would be neat to meet you some time! its always great to meet new people.

Take care all,

Brenda

Hi everyone,

We've had 2 more people donate and we're up to a total of $400. Thank you. :D

Rachelle, I really appreciate your offer to hand deliver the brochures. As Brenda explained, she wants to do this as a gift to DINET. I would appreciate your cheking to see if it is possible to make this a Mayo brochure. Please let me know what you find out.

Ellen and everyone else who said thank you for the brochures, thanks for expressing your appreciation. :)

Take care,

Michelle