Soc. Security Decision W/I 3 Weeks...

Hi guys,

I found out today that I should hear within the next 3 weeks about my decision on social security disability. I am wondering if I am more "apt" to be approved for it since I get state insurance due to disability (my doctor had to fill out a disability form).

I really don't know what I am going to do if I don't get approved... <_<

Jacquie

jacquie--hi I really hope that SSi comes thru for you.. and that you dont have to go thru the appeak process..

prayers are with you dear!

Jacquie

I am not familiar with what State disability IS or what it means?! <_<

Just don't be upset if things don't happen within a time frame given. For my initial claim to start it, I believe it was within 4 months and I found out in early december.

Who TOLD you this information?

I have learned from the Disinissues website, trust nothing they say on the phone and believe it when you see it!! Things have no rhyme or reason but it's all about YOUR LIMITATIONS. Chances are, if the doctor in charge stated your limits, then things hopefully will come on through w/o a fight.

Just remember, no matter what happens, don't take it personally. The like to make us jump thru hoops but just persevere!!

I have been through some hoops in the last 15 years!! Trust me.:)

Best to you.

Hi, I called the disability eval. services for the state of massachusetts and my worker told me that my file is on their doctors desk and that there should be a decision made this week and that my social security worker would have the answer within the week or 2 following. I applied in Oct. 2005, so I have waited quite some time. :) Not sure what I am going to do if I get denied because from what I hear appeals can take a long time and I have to somehow pay for my car or else that gets taken away. Also, if I do find some part time work that I can do I'd lose my state insurance I get...Only time will tell...

Jacquie

Oh, by mentioning state insurance I am talking about Medicade or Medicaire...which ever one you get if your under 65 (or which ever age it is) and are disabled.

Jacquie