Procrit:

lalalisa

Hello!

I wanted to pass along the good news that my dr. called in Procrit today!

For those of you who don't know I've been researching this medicine for months and months now and going from dr. to dr. trying to find someone willing to call it in and monitor my blood levels. (I even flew to Washington DC to get the Daxor BVA-100 Blood Volume test (very accurate) in order to prove that my blood volume was clearly low.

It's been a long journey but I'm going to start this week! (my pharmacy had to order the med)

I'll try to keep you posted - it will take some time to know whether or not it's going to help.

Lisa

yea!! now i have a procrit buddy. and i'm only a few weeks in so we can compare notes together:-)

congrats....i definitely understand your excitement!

:) melissa

What an inspiration you are dear Lisa. It is a long, hard road but we musn't give up.

I do hope you find relief in this mediation! :ph34r:

I am sooo happy for you, Lisa. Hopefully this med helps you out a great deal. Keep us updated on your progress! :ph34r:

Jacquie

Hello,

Thanks for all of your encouraging words!

FutureHope - I ended up going to the Washington Hospital Center (Cancer Center - neuclear medicine). I don't actually have a physician in DC.... My dr. here in KY just ordered the test and the technicians at the hospital performed it. A radiologist signed off on it before he sent it to my dr. but I'm not even sure who this was. You can read more about the BVA-100 method at www.daxor.com (don't worry I don't work for them or anything - my dr. and I were just impressed by this accurate test).

Feel free to ask any questions you have. <_<

Lisa

corina -

thanks for asking. and i think you had asked in another post earlier that i read and then couldn't find again as it wasn't where i thought it was....so i'm sorry if it seemed i was ignoring you. i had my fourth shot today (which means i started 3 weeks ago) and so far can't tell a thing. i haven't had any problems with it & oddly enough my bloodwork has gone down in places where it would have been expected to go up. so who knows. it's good that i haven't had any trouble but obviously am still hoping that it's going to bring some benefit as well....as i know lisa is too of course B) .

generally it takes a least a month to feel any effect and for some it takes much longer so there's still a lot of time for patience. i see dr. grubb next in 2 weeks & the hematologist the week after that so i'll get some more feedback then if things are still status quo.

lisa - do you know what dose you're starting on?

:) melissa

Melissa,

My dosage for Procrit (which I picked up today -yippee! :P ) is 10,000 units (1 ML) once per week for a month. After the month I am getting more blood work and the dosage and frequency will be adjusted accordingly.

What dose did you start on??

I'm so glad to have a Procrit buddy! :lol:

Lisa