what brand of compression hose do you use and where do you get them

Hi. I have been wearing Jobst 20-30 mg hose as prescribed by the cardio. Sometimes they make my legs hurt in places like a bruise. Plus they are 86.00 and really do not last long. I have had them professionally measured, and understand that Jobst is the only FDA approved ones, but dislike them too much. Anyone know of something more comfortable and where to get them? Thanks JenniferTX

Hi, I don't wear any compression stalkings, but when my Neuro offered them to me he said he could write a RX so I didn't have to pay for them, since they can get expensive.

Guest tearose

Oh my goodness! I love my compression! Well, I guess I grew to love them.

I don't use medications, I can't. So I must get up in the morning and after showering I sit on the floor and get my body into various compression garments depending on the day and my body.

I sometimes use a compression garment on my torso, sometimes it goes from my knees up to my ribcage.

Most always, I put on compression pantyhose in the 40mm level. Yes, it is tough to put them on, but after twenty minutes, yes, 20 minutes, I can feel the relief and the reversing flow of fluids in my calves! I can be really uncomfortable for a few minutes but since for me, it means I will be able to sustain my activities for the day I choose to use them!

I use less compression if I need to give my body a break for some reason. I just use good judgment. It took a few weeks to figure how to compress to help myself.

I have a wide selection of hose by JUZO and JOBST for the high levels of compression and these can be easily mended by hand with needle and thread! I have purchased some other brands as well at lower compression to fill in at times I can go lighter on pressure.

I encourage you to try to use them for three weeks before giving up on them!

best regards, tearose

I was inspired by this post to go to my local drug store and get some different stockings. I have used the JOBST stockings for a long time, they are the low basic compression. They aren't very effective for me. They make my toes feel squished and they hurt me around my abdomen and they are pulled up so high I feel like a little old lady! :-P

So I found out that they sell Thigh-Highs! That was pretty exciting for me. And I also found out that they sell open toe style, which might help with my squished-toe problem, but that style you had to order and they were much more expensive. I just bought a $15 pair of JOBST thigh-highs to see if I like the style.

When I go back to Hopkins in 2 weeks, I'll ask him what compression I should be using, and if the thigh-highs would still be effective even though they don't go all the way up. Maybe I can get a Rx so my plan would help me pay for them! The ones I wanted were like $70!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share... does anyone else use the thigh-high style of compression?

I buy mine at the Wal-Mart pharmacy. They are not very comfortable, but i could not afford the measured ones. I wear the 30-40 and they are only $25.00. They have to order them, but they usually come in the next day. I dont remember who makes them though. I cant wear them every day because they cause a rash on me. Plus there are days that I am too weak to even put them on. Vanessa

I wear Jobst 20-30 grade. Here in Iowa you have to have a rx. So I got them at a medical supply store in town. My doctor wrote the rx for 4 pairs that way I can wash them and so on, plus this way I have a few diffent colors to. like black, white, and tan. :(

I do not have to have a prescription, and my insurance does not cover them. The jobst do squish my toes too. I guess there is no perfect compression hose! I get frusturated because it is hot here and I wear shorts and sandals, and they get holes all the time, and it is too expensive to buy new ones. I sew them all the time. I have considered just wearing regular hose over them, but it is so hot. Thanks for the replies. JenniferTX

Hi

Comression hose brings much relief.Wearing mine I feel more confortable and I do not feel dizzy.

I buy mine at the pharmacy at the price of 60$. But they are also available at medical suply stores and there they are less expensive and you have a wide range to choose.

My cardiologist prescribed toe open hose and they realy worked for me.She insisted that I should buy toe opens hose N? 2 full abdomen.

If you like to buy compression hose choose toe open style according to your feet size.

I hope that you try cmp hose and feel comfortablewearing them.

Amouna