Nausea

Jacquie802

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has any advice/info. to offer to me. I have had nausea for the past few weeks and it just isn't going away. I have gone through a bottle of Mylanta, Pepto Bismol, and it makes me feel better for an hour then I feel just as nausous. I almost think if I could throw-up I would feel better. I was diagnosed with IBS, but I don't think that would cause just the nausea alone..?

Anyhow, ANY advice is appreciated. Thanks! B)

Jacquie

Guest CyberPixie

I have IBS and get nausea with it but you can be nauseous with POTS. I take Metoclopramide for it. There are other ones like Domperidone. Not sure where you are, the names may be different in your country.

Sorry, I havent found anything to help my nausea. I just ride it out. Cant do anything anyway, so I just lay there. Wish I could help. Vanessa

I'm still in search for the magical nausea cure.......haven't found it but if I do I'll let you know.

Phenergan helps take the edge off for me.

Reglan helps me alittle.I'm not quit sure.

Right now I'm on an Ethromycin (antibiotic), Reglan, phenergan combo and still feel like puking YUCK!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Dayna

I have been in a bad nausea slump for the past few weeks myself. I really can't afford to lose any weight, so it is especially hard. I take Zofran, an anti-nausea that works well for me. It doesn't give me my appetite back or always make the nausea go away, but it helps me ride it out better. I have also been given reglan, but I had a really bad reaction to it. I know it works well for others though. You might want to talk to your doctor about taking an anti-nausea. Another thing for me is making sure I am hydrated, which is not easy when I am nauseated. When I am dehydrated, I get really nauseated, so it is kind of this sick cycle. I have gotten IV fluids when I am really bad which have helped also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am feeling better. Today was a really good day for me!! I got to clean out my car AND go to walmart. It started raining though, so I won't be able to vacuum my car out. I bought new floor mats, but don't want to put them down until everything is nice and clean. I took Mylanta for my nausea and then just kind of waited until it left. I still get it alot off and on. I have been having alot of abdominal pain lately so I am seeing my doc Tuesday. Hope all is well with everyone!

Jacquie

Guest Belinda

Thanks for replying Jacquie-

Ahh I guess this will pass..boy I hope so. I am glad you are doing better you were having it quite rough for the last couple of weeks.

I know what you mean about simple things like cleaning out the car..makes me feel so happy to do it!

Take care and maybe I will try the mylanta or something similar..

Belinda