I feel like I am on speed!!!

bamagirl

I am on a roll tonight! A few nights ago I got sleepy around 10pm. At midnight I woke up with my head feeling like I was on speed!! I had racing thoughts, I saw patterns in the dark, thought I heard sirens, and had horrible nightmares!! The next morning my head felt really full and lots of pressure and later in the day I had a full blown migraine which lasted 2 days then nausea after that. The next morning I was tachy while lying in bed and every noise I heard made me jump and it felt like bugs were crawlng on my skin. I am not on any meds right now. Does anyone else have nights like this?

Yep. You'll find that you're not the only one... an overabundance of catecholamines can leave you feeling hyper-alert and jittery. I often get a feeling like a body buzz ... it kind of feels like I'm actually riding in a car, you know, with the engine revving/humming, but I'm not actually moving. Really strange, but it's happened on occasion for as long as I can remember. For me, I think it's some kind of hyper-adrenic surge--I always used to get it if I took an all-nighter in college and had too much caffeine.

Nina

You're not alone. In fact I had an episode this morning at 6:00. I was having a nightmare, we were late and in a hurry to get away from something. I awoke to a racing heart and nausea. It's hard to tell if the tachycardia causes the nightmare or the nightmare causes the tachycardia. I wanted to go to the bathroom sooooooooooo bad but knew I couldn't get up with a heartrate that high. I took an inderal and a xanax and waited for an hour to pass.

I am sensitive at times to any stimulation, the phone ringing or someone rings the doorbell and it sends me into an episode.

I really try hard to watch my breathing. That is where I put my focus.

I wish I had some words of wisdom.

I do know how hard it is.

Dawn :(

• 2 weeks later...
I am on a roll tonight! A few nights ago I got sleepy around 10pm. At midnight I woke up with my head feeling like I was on speed!! I had racing thoughts, I saw patterns in the dark, thought I heard sirens, and had horrible nightmares!! The next morning my head felt really full and lots of pressure and later in the day I had a full blown migraine which lasted 2 days then nausea after that. The next morning I was tachy while lying in bed and every noise I heard made me jump and it felt like bugs were crawlng on my skin. I am not on any meds right now. Does anyone else have nights like this?

THANK YOU BECAUSE NOBODY BELIEVES ME WHEN I SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT FEELING LIKE I AM ON SPEED! YOU ARE A GOD SEND!

I just went through 4 days and nights of that. I'd get maybe one or 2 hours of sleep. I finallyasked my doctor for some lunesta which has broken the cycle. For me it feels like I get an addrenalin wave through my body everynow and then when I'm trying to sleep. Sometimes when I move to the floor I can get relief. It is weird .