Wonderful Christmas trip!

Dawg Tired

Hubby and I buy season passes to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri every year. We live close so 2 visits pay for the passes. With our passes we get free "guest passes" we can use to take our friends, and with admission for 1 day now being $42 these are quite a treat! We came up with enough to get all 8 of us in free... Big treat!

Last Sunday we had planned a trip there with some people from church. Originally we were all going to drive down separately but at the last minute one of the men said he could get the big van his company had so we could all go down together. When he pulled the van up he told everyone that I got the big back seat to myself and nobody was allowed to bother me; when I got back to it I founf a thermos of coffee and 2 pillows! I was able to lie down and doze off during the 1 and 1/2 hour trip down. The weather was cool so I decided to walk the park - something I usually don't attempt because the ride wears me out.

We saw 3 wonderful shows and on the way back I was able to sleep. It was the best trip I have had there since I got sick!

How wonderful it was of this man to be so considerate and thoughtful of me!

Edited by Dawg Tired

Glad to hear you had a great trip, and it's nice to hear that there are still thoughtful and considerate people out there! :)

Praise God! I'm so glad you got to enjoy the visit and to see such caring on the part of another.

Also, all us potsies now can have hope. Maybe if we do like you, and "ride" (recline) in the back of a van, we, too, can enjoy a trip somewhere.

Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

OH that is a wonderful story!! very sweet! thank you for sharing it with us.. and great taht you were able to get out and enjoy yourself!! YEAH!

Linda

Hi,

I am glad you met with nice people.

I had a positive experience today at the hospital. When I told the receptionist that I was going to faint in the elevator because I was too hungry she went to get some cookies and a wheelchair (was sitting on my stool in front of her). This way I managed to do my bloodtest in time and was able to leave the hospital 30 minutes later.

Ernie, I'm glad she was so thoughtful of you. What a difference it makes when people just understand!

I had a crash after the trip - the next day was not good but if i'm already in bed then it doesn't matter if I crash! But what a wonderful trip!

Exactly! I have plenty of time to crash but the really good times should be savored. We simply don't have that many opportunities to have a good time like that. I have some nice pictures of the trip and I can look at them often, remembering the special people who went to the trouble to make my trip so much fun and as comfortable as possible.

You can see the pictures (and several others!) at : http://flickr.com/photos/dawgtired/