Dental problems

Dizzy Dame

Hi guys,

I've been reading previous posts, and it seems alot of us aren't strangers to tooth problems...but it still frustrates me.

I went to the dentist today and it turns out I have SEVEN cavaties :angry: I was just there 6 months ago and my teeth were clean! I just don't understand how my teeth could be rotting so quickly. I already brush three times a day and try to floss at least once a day.

My dentist says it's probably the high-salt diet, plus the 2-3 liters of Gatorade I drink a day (apparantly Gatorade is really bad for your teeth).

Now I'm going to have to go in twice a week for the next three weeks to get all these cavities taken care of. I'm also worried because I haven't been to the dentist for fillings since before I got sick and I'm worried I'll have some crazy reaction to the novocaine. Not to mention my horrible latex allergy. I hope they know how to use an epi-pen in case I have a reaction :rolleyes:

It's just so frustrating. I'm wondering when I'm going to get a break with my health! It seems like there isn't a single aspect of my physical being that isn't dysfunctional in some way :( I wish I could trade myself in for a newer, less fautly model... if only ;)

Okay, I'm done ranting now. Thanks for listening. :wub:

Lauren

I know how you feel. Usually I go for a cleaning, I am good then 6mths later I am hit with a root canal or crown..don't know how it gets there so fast.. :rolleyes:

I make sure when I do need an anesthetic to ask for the shot without epinephrine, for me the epi sends me into palpitations. Without the epi works just as well except that it is shorter acting so if it is a very deep cavity that requires more time they may have to give another one if you start to feel any sensations.

Good luck :angry:

My husband's mouth is always dry and we have learned that that is the worst for dental health. The dentist just put him on three peridontal cleanings a year to try and help. So far, no cavaties but they were not happy with the condition of the gums. After discussing with the dentist, we bought an electric toothbrush and it seems to be doing a good job - we'll know after his next visit but no more tenderness or bleeding, even when flossing. I can tell that it does a tremendous job on my teeth and my gums also feel healthier but it does take a while to get used to. (We have the Oral B Professional Care).

I know there have been previous posts by Merrill regarding dental health which included detailed suggestions - you may want to do a search.

Edited by BuddyLeesWife

The last time I went for a cleaning I also had 6 cavities. After trying to fill one of them, and it getting infected, it had to be pulled. This was all before I was diagnosed in July. I did notice, and told the nurses, that right after I got novicane, I got really shaky, heart would start beating faster, and just not feeling right.

Needless to say since I was diagnosed, haven't went back to dentist, probably should, but scared of what they might find.

Good luck, sorry to hear what you're going through,

When do we get a break????