Crazy question here

dizzygirl

Hi all I am wondring.. a few weeks ago I had a chest x-ray done.. and it showed the I have to ribs fused together.. and the ER doc felt that that could be a contributing factor (one of many) to some things that are going on...

However.. I cannot recall ever having been told that i have fused ribs.. and my mom never told me of this either.. as you think she would know.. she is the momma!! I asked her that if during my heart surgery when i was little if they could have fused my ribs.. and she said that they never told her .. thayt they just separated the ribs.. however I do have some nutty birthdefects so to speak.. in the way that my ribs and chest bones grew...

so my mom is thinking that I was just born this way..

anyways I found it to be kinda weird.. so I thought that I would ask all of you what you thought...

My question being.. can you be born w/ bone fusions?

thanks for listening!!

dizz

Edited by dizzygirl

Hey Dizzygirl,

Not too sure about rib fusion. I don't think it would be out of the question. I was born with an extra rib. My doctor was really alarmed by it at one point during an exam because she thought my liver had hardened, but alas, it was my tiny extra rib. :)

I wonder if you could call an old doctor and ask for old medical records. Maybe that would help you get to the bottom of the mystery. Did the doctor say how or why the ribs would cause your problems?

Kristen

hi my old doc retired about 5-6 yrs back.. but I'm sure the records would be around somewhere if i asked for them.. would be interesting to see what they say anyways... maybe I could pinpoint a start of really definning symptoms.. and see how far back in my medical records that I have had these potsy symptoms.. that were never taken seriously!!

HMMMMMM :)

Yep you can. I'm not sure how much of a problem it can present with, guess it would depend on how they were fused. I was born with extra ribs, so it's a tight squeeze from my iliac crest to ribs. I have no waist at all. Adam was far too generous, or I'm not quite up to snuff in the evolution ladder, depending on what you believe....morgan

Hi Linda,

I have rib problems too... aparantly i have a slight curve of the spine so one of my ribs poped out of place at the front of my rib cage .. strange thing is it coninsided with me getting sick... so lately i have thought it could be all due to breathing problems and lack of air = low bp = dizzy

Plus all the other problems low oxygen can cause.

Maybe it could be a similar situation for you? limited breathing capacity?

This is a random theory of mine .. it has no medical backing .. so yeh dont take it too seriously .. its just a thought :(

Guest 12StringANSGuitar
Hi all I am wondring.. a few weeks ago I had a chest x-ray done.. and it showed the I have to ribs fused together.. and the ER doc felt that that could be a contributing factor (one of many) to some things that are going on...

However.. I cannot recall ever having been told that i have fused ribs.. and my mom never told me of this either.. as you think she would know.. she is the momma!! I asked her that if during my heart surgery when i was little if they could have fused my ribs.. and she said that they never told her .. thayt they just separated the ribs.. however I do have some nutty birthdefects so to speak.. in the way that my ribs and chest bones grew...

so my mom is thinking that I was just born this way..

anyways I found it to be kinda weird.. so I thought that I would ask all of you what you thought...

My question being.. can you be born w/ bone fusions?thanks for listening!!dizz

Whether pre-natal, or consequent to your heart surgury, the natural growth cycle of developement was altered from the baseline 0(which is the reference line of polarity manifestation of which all things begin the process of self-reference Fractal and symmetrical developement).

All organisms manifest according to a universal logrithm and algorithm that generate the electrical fields which surround and permeate all bodies. If these are altered(for whatever reason), the natural sequence(Fibonnaci and Golden Ratio), are likewise effected, and the balance or harmony of the growth cycle experiences deviation off that base line of zero like a Sine wave traversing above and below its graph.

I would think if this could be corrected(the fusion), that maybe the A.N.S. may have a plasticity to it that may allow its re-generation along the natural developemental order.

I also have problems with my ribs.

First of all, my ribs are always popping out of place. It's called Slipping Rib Syndrome.

And Second, I have what they call a pseudo-rib. My top rib extends too far and it pinches the nerves that go into my arm. My arm is almost always numb because of this, but the only way to fix it is surgery.